Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you had pregnancy Bleeding

Options
  • 31-01-2021 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,
    Wondering if anyone had bleeding in first trimester which turned out to be ok?? I'm 11wks pregnant, following 6 mis-carraiges so extremely nervous. Had scan at 9 wks and all was perfect and baba had good strong heartbeat but I had some bloody mucus from wiping after loo break today and feel sick with worry.

Has this happened anyone else??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

It hasn’t happened to me but it happened to my sister in law and all was absolutely fine, she had her baby 3 months ago. Ring your GP in morning and they should refer you to your hospital just to be sure. Try not to panic although I know that’s very hard. Bleeding often happens x x

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Robyn_14 wrote: »
    It hasn’t happened to me but it happened to my sister in law and all was absolutely fine, she had her baby 3 months ago. Ring your GP in morning and they should refer you to your hospital just to be sure. Try not to panic although I know that’s very hard. Bleeding often happens x x

My wife had it with both previous pregnancies, it was particularly bad with our second and everything was fine even though we were positive it was a miscarriage. I know it can be so frightening though and it's easy to fear the worst. We also had miscarriages previously so it made it worse.

Try not to worry and contact the doctor in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

I had it on my baby and it was fine. I also had 2 miscarriages previously of which the symptoms were bleeding. I would call your maternity unit and they will check it out. In my case I rang the maternity hospital explained i had bleeding and the previous losses and they got my to come in that night just to check it out, it was such a relief to see all was ok on the ultrasound. Since you have already seen a heartbeat the chances of misscarying are very low now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I started bleeding the day I got the positive test (just over 4 weeks in) and kept bleeding most days up until about 3 months. It was worrying, obviously, but the baby was absolutely fine.

At one of my early scans, the midwife told me when I see the bleeding to just imagine the tiny foetus burrowing it's way deeply into the womb lining, so it's nice and secure, but obviously some of the tissue gets displaced and that's the bleeding I'm seeing.... that actually really put my mind at ease... It's a nice way to think about it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes, on all 3 of mine at 6/7 weeks. It continued for the remainder of the first trimester on all 3, and then at 13/14 weeks on my third, I had a big enough bleed after overdoing things one day.

Go to your GP tomorrow, or if you are really worried, go straight to the A&E of your maternity hospital (assuming you can do that with Covid?) and they should scan you. On my 3, I just went straight for the A&E, they scanned in there and referred me to the Early Pregnancy Unit for follow up scans. All turned out fine, 3 healthy babies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Yep had it with my first. Was actually abroad at the time which added to the worry. Doc explained that it can often happen around the time that your period would have been due

Advertisement