Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give me a coffee break...

• 31-01-2021 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Help please.

Got a Delonghi Dedica as a Christmas present replacing an old Nespresso machine. I've had a moka pot and a French press in the past.

I hate the dedica. Weak coffee and fiddly to dial in. I've tried espresso and aeropress grinds from 3fe, coffee works etc but just no strength or depth to the coffee. I drink Americano and my wife likes a strong coffee.

I'm thinking of just selling it and getting an Aeropress and maybe a grinder shortly after. I've 3 bags of ground aeropress grind to get through anyway.

Will I be happier with the aeropress and just shift the dedica on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Can't speak about that machine but if you just drink black coffee and not milk based drinks, aeropress is definitely a good option, as is clever dripper or even a french press. IF you get a good grinder it gives you quite a few options in terms of brew methods s you can try things out and change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Can't speak about that machine but if you just drink black coffee and not milk based drinks, aeropress is definitely a good option, as is clever dripper or even a french press. IF you get a good grinder it gives you quite a few options in terms of brew methods s you can try things out and change.

Thanks, yep just really Americano's with a drop of milk.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

https://www.moccamaster.eu

Just have a quick gander at these.

Advertisement