Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Kids Gaming Chair

  • 31-01-2021 8:29am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 46


    Hi, my son has asked for a gaming chair for his 8th birthday. I've read the previous threads here and I get that most people seem to recommend a decent office chair instead. Many gaming chairs do look pretty uncomfortable to be fair. Thing is, I don't think my 8 year old will appreciate a plain office chair for his birthday present. Can anyone recommend a specific office style gaming chair that would be comfortable (or even a non-gaming office chair with a bit of colour in it). Some level of tilting/ reclining of the back would be a bonus, as he likes to recline back a little when he's gaming. Thanks.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Gerard93


    My son has this he got it for Christmas a few years ago still loves it (hopefully you can see from link) no signs of wear etc not falling apart

    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/gaming-chairs/x-rocker-strike-office-gaming-chair/p/166430
    You probably right an 8 year won't be happy with an "office chair" !!


  • Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb


    Gerard93 wrote: »
    My son has this he got it for Christmas a few years ago still loves it (hopefully you can see from link) no signs of wear etc not falling apart

    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/gaming-chairs/x-rocker-strike-office-gaming-chair/p/166430
    You probably right an 8 year won't be happy with an "office chair" !!

    Ah that looks like a definite option, thank you! I had looked on Smyths but hadn't noticed the recline on that one.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep


    Get an office chair ... and put some stickers on it along with some RGB and you'll be fine.


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody


    carazeb wrote: »
    Hi, my son has asked for a gaming chair for his 8th birthday. I've read the previous threads here and I get that most people seem to recommend a decent office chair instead. Many gaming chairs do look pretty uncomfortable to be fair. Thing is, I don't think my 8 year old will appreciate a plain office chair for his birthday present. Can anyone recommend a specific office style gaming chair that would be comfortable (or even a non-gaming office chair with a bit of colour in it). Some level of tilting/ reclining of the back would be a bonus, as he likes to recline back a little when he's gaming. Thanks.
    Gaming chairs are basically cheap office chairs upsold at a huge premium; Gamers Nexus has a video on it here, basically it's a $65 chair sold for $300 due to branding:


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Doodah7


    Pure waste of money. Buy an office chair.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone


    Nody wrote: »
    Gaming chairs are basically cheap office chairs upsold at a huge premium; Gamers Nexus has a video on it here, basically it's a $65 chair sold for $300 due to branding:

    That's what I always thought too, the kids will fall for the logos and design because it's what they see their fav streamers using - but those streamers have the cash to waste, or they get sponsored and get a free chair. I've sat in a couple 'gaming' chairs and they weren't comfy, where a half decent padded office chair will be - they are literally designed for office workers sat at a PC 8hrs per day to have some kind of comfort.


  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus


    I remember seeing, in a shop in the Stephens Green Centre, about 15 years ago a gaming chair that was low down, slightly reclined, and had speakers built in, over each shoulder, a "buttkicker" bass speaker under the seat and sockets for connecting headphones and the console.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf


    If he's gaming on Console off the TV a large plush bean bag is great.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭Skerries


    I remember seeing, in a shop in the Stephens Green Centre, about 15 years ago a gaming chair that was low down, slightly reclined, and had speakers built in, over each shoulder, a "buttkicker" bass speaker under the seat and sockets for connecting headphones and the console.

    an X-Rocker chair?


Advertisement