Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone used click-type Vinyl flooring (6.5mm) from Polyflor? Would really be grat

Options
  • 30-01-2021 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I am thinking to use https://www.polyflor.com/jh/products.nsf/products!open&family=lux&prodcode=ExponaEnCoreRigidLocPUR in my house after researching different laminate and vinyl options, however, the installer here says that he didn't have a good experience with this vinyl floors as the joints come out after a couple of months.

But I have seen other very famous brands like Amtico and Karndean and they both come with the same 6.5mm thickness and I have the samples from all of them too and they look very similar to me quality-wise.

So, I would really love to know the reviews from people who have actually used the Polyflor ones.

Thanks a lot for reading this and for your help in advance 🙏

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Yeah it’s grand. Same as any of the multinational big brands. Personally not a fan of fake wood vinyls

Amtico & Karndean are PVC’s and Polyflor references PUR, so while the sales pitches will say their Low VOC & recyclability they won’t be as good as the traditional Linoleum products.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 googleewrewr

BryanF wrote: »
    Yeah it’s grand. Same as any of the multinational big brands. Personally not a fan of fake wood vinyls

Amtico & Karndean are PVC’s and Polyflor references PUR, so while the sales pitches will say their Low VOC & recyclability they won’t be as good as the traditional Linoleum products.

Thanks for your reply. So, I assume you have used the polyflor vinyl for long and are satisfied with it and it hasn't come out on the edges or anything?

Regarding the VOC emissions, aren't these only a problem for a couple of weeks just after installation? Is it a problem forever? Do they release VOC all the time?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Yes assuming the installer is trained/ certified by the manufacture to install. You should seek a joint warranty.

installer should be recommended by the product rep if possible, but at least ring and have conversation with product rep.

Edit: flooring, wall paint, soft furnishings, treated timber, you name it! they all have VOC’s, of differing quantities. always worth reading the ‘Material data sheet’ and ‘the safety data sheet’

Re your suggestion the VOC’s last a fees weeks, are we sure the smell is the same as ‘off gassing of VOC’s? Can any of the suppliers point you to a document that confirms the voc release timeline.

Advertisement