Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Business Courier

Options
  • 29-01-2021 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I've a small business which ship across the country. I'm finding it quite difficult to find a courier who can offer a decent service for a decent price. I use An Post at the moment but they are taking to long to deliver. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 emilyward14

How many packages are you shipping weekly? I got a quote off DPD for 10-20 parcels a week (started small too see their prices) and it was €7 to ship with them up to 2KG in weight. All depends on how many packages your shipping a week and the weight of it. Hope that helps!
    buckbuk91 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've a small business which ship across the country. I'm finding it quite difficult to find a courier who can offer a decent service for a decent price. I use An Post at the moment but they are taking to long to deliver. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Difficult to beat an post if you are small.

Their advantage card labels work out at €6 each. (0% vat) Tracked, but no signature.

One tip that helps is to always print the address - never handwrite it. That way the auto system reads the address and you are not dependent on manual sorting.

A label printer such as the Dyno 450 is ideal.

Then manage your customer expectations and say 2-3 days for delivery.

And finally, if your DSU (an post delivery unit) is near to you, try dropping them off directly - that gives you until 6pm in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kik4444

What would you do if you have small & light product that fits into large envelope and it weighs no more than 100-200 grams. An post charge 2 euro for that but as a stamp, i need to be able to print labels and then dropping them off to my DSU every morning.

I will have to use pricy courier for international orders (we are talking around 13eur+) Ireland is so behind in everything.

Just go to Royal mail and compare prices, they offer domestic tracked shipping with buying label and printing it at home for 0.96 gbp and international from 3gbp for large letters up to 750 grams.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

kik4444 wrote: »
    What would you do if you have small & light product that fits into large envelope and it weighs no more than 100-200 grams. An post charge 2 euro for that but as a stamp, i need to be able to print labels and then dropping them off to my DSU every morning.

I will have to use pricy courier for international orders (we are talking around 13eur+) Ireland is so behind in everything.

Just go to Royal mail and compare prices, they offer domestic tracked shipping with buying label and printing it at home for 0.96 gbp and international from 3gbp for large letters up to 750 grams.

Any suggestions?
    I think you are looking at something incorrectly on royal mail. Their international rates are substantially higher than an post.
    Cheapest large letters 750g is £5.90 (€7). 500g is £4.90

500g an post to any international destination is €5.70. Almost identical.

Domestic tracked for 96p ? I've never at that at any time. You can send a large letter under 100g by second class mail which takes 3-5 days and has no tracking, for 96p. Standard 1st class is £1.29 at again no tracking.

I don't know why people make false statements on costs of things. It all can be checked in minutes online

Advertisement