Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should present the Late Late Show?

Options
  • 29-01-2021 8:13pm

Tubridy has become insufferable.

He has managed to turn every Friday night into some late-night wake.

At these times, Tubridy and those who produce the show should procure guests that lift the mood of the nation rather than constantly remind them of how depressing things can be.

Given the climate, there must be a tonne of celebrity out there who can deliver quality television over Zoom or whatever it may be: entertainers, comedians, actors - whatever it takes.

But this weekly diet of depression has gone on too long.

So, who should replace Ryan Tubridy?

Personally, I think Tommy Tiernan would do a great job. He knows how to strike a balance, depending on the guest involved. And unlike arrogant Tubridy, can actually bring the show back to a down to Earth perspective and throw some much-needed humour into the show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aziz

Me, I could do with half a million a year

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

eskimohunt wrote: »

Personally, I think Tommy Tiernan would do a great job. He knows how to strike a balance, depending on the guest involved. And unlike arrogant Tubridy, can actually bring the show back to a down to Earth perspective and throw some much-needed humour into the show.

Tommy Tiernan is already doing a great job in a show which is perfectly suited to his unique talents.

What a waste it would be if he was made talk to the usual line-up of z-list celebs hawking their latest books and RTE canteen staff that comprises the Late Late guest roster these days.

Better to just axe the Late Late altogether and give Tommy Tiernan's show the Friday night slot instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Dustin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

aziz wrote: »
    Me, I could do with half a million a year

I'd give it a bash for half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Nobody, chat shows are old hat. Get rid of it. Or sell the format to Virgin Media. Actually all you could sell would be the title. It's just a chat show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Radar Sea.

He gets enough anyway.

OP is right about Tubridy. He does his best to make the guests cry. It's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Blanaith Ní Coffaigh is the chosen one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

eskimohunt wrote: »
    Tubridy has become insufferable.

He has managed to turn every Friday night into some late-night wake.

You are watching a programme every week even though you find it insufferable? That is just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Late Late Show needs a bit of freshening up.
    It needs to shorted.
    Less misery slots.
    We've enough ads on about Covid and it's mentioned enough in shows such as Claire Byrne. A Friday Night show should be sort of a break for it.
    Less guilty tripping by the host.

I'd be open to who's present it once they could be open minded, not pompous, not patronising, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

When will Tubridy ever retire from the show is the real question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭enricoh

It's a pure misery fest these days may as well go the whole hog no go with David mc savage in joe duffy mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I suppose you'd finally have a good excuse to watch the late late with your pants down

She was born in Canada.Not so sure about that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Brendan O'Connor. His own chat show was miles ahead of tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Give her a co host for some entrainment!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Pat Shortt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

eviltwin wrote: »
    Brendan O'Connor. His own chat show was miles ahead of tubridy.
    What’s that in km?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

hurikane wrote: »
    Pat Shortt

He would be insufferable.

Please no one say Lucy Kennedy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

No need for multiple threads on this op. Stick to your thread in the Television forum please

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058154879

Thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement