Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre finally activated, but vendors don't recognize address?

Options
  • 29-01-2021 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Very grateful for any advice for the following:

We moved into a new home in a new estate 6 months ago. We've been using mobile broadband up until this point. Two weeks ago my neighbour told me that the broadband lines are finally activated. However, when I check different suppliers online, they each say they don't recognize the address / have no availability. However, when I check my neighbours' houses, they all show up with full availability and high-speed broadband. Even my direct neighbour (we're semi-detached).

I spoke with Eir, and they say they can give me 1000gb broadband, but I'd prefer to go with any other vendor. Eir say I need to contact the other vendors as it must be their problem, but that's proving impossible. E.g. Sky Ireland have no support for non-customers at the moment.

Eir also seem to have our Eircode associated with an incorrect address in their system - could that be the problem? They say they can't correct that for me, so not sure what to do.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

Advertisement