Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Modem losing DSL Sync

Options
  • 29-01-2021 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

For just over a week our Sky Broadband has been acting up. Several times a day the 'Internet' icon on the hub goes off, and then it flashes yellow for a while, and then comes on again. I'm assuming this is the same as the DSL Sync light on Eir modems but I might be wrong.

If we leave it alone it tends to reconnect after a minute or so, and then it could drop again 10 mins later. It can be fine for hours, and then act up, dropping and reconnecting several times in one hour. Obviously I've rebooted the modem etc.

I'm struggling to know where to start with support from Sky. I've gone on to their website, and ran a 'Test my Broadband Connection' option, and it came back telling me that 'Your Broadband could be performing better' and an option to 'Fix your Broadband'. I click on that, and then clicked on 'Test my Broadband' and after about 2 minutes it came back with a fail saying 'Oops that didn't work, we're having some problems, try again later'. I got the same message several times last night and today.

I can't find any contact phone numbers on the Sky site re Broadband support, does anyone know how I can raise this issue with them?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

jasonb wrote: »
    Hi there,

For just over a week our Sky Broadband has been acting up. Several times a day the 'Internet' icon on the hub goes off, and then it flashes yellow for a while, and then comes on again. I'm assuming this is the same as the DSL Sync light on Eir modems but I might be wrong.

If we leave it alone it tends to reconnect after a minute or so, and then it could drop again 10 mins later. It can be fine for hours, and then act up, dropping and reconnecting several times in one hour. Obviously I've rebooted the modem etc.

I'm struggling to know where to start with support from Sky. I've gone on to their website, and ran a 'Test my Broadband Connection' option, and it came back telling me that 'Your Broadband could be performing better' and an option to 'Fix your Broadband'. I click on that, and then clicked on 'Test my Broadband' and after about 2 minutes it came back with a fail saying 'Oops that didn't work, we're having some problems, try again later'. I got the same message several times last night and today.

I can't find any contact phone numbers on the Sky site re Broadband support, does anyone know how I can raise this issue with them?

Thanks...

Their customer support line is 0818500335

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thanks a lot. Couldn't find a number on the website, and when I rang the number you gave me the automated menu tried its best to point me back to the website. Eventually got talking to someone though and they ran some tests and detected a line fault so they've raised that issue and hopefully it'll be sorted soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭CoBo55

While waiting for them to help you check all cables inside the house up as far as the NTU make sure everything is clean and tight.

Advertisement