Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navan Friday

• 29-01-2021 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭

I thought Walk to Freedom hinted at a return to form last time out.
    The race is probably a grade above of his capabilities these days but he's shown good form around Navan and 50s / 5 places in the 1.55 is too big to ignore.

Call a Cab ran well on his season opener and was unlucky early on last time. Probably not the day today but I'd say he'll pop up soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Castlecomer

Noel and Valerie Moran appear to have a right filly on their hands in Riviere D'etel.

In my view she was one of the most impressive winners of a 3yo hurdle this season and while she may not have beaten much at Punchestown in that race, she clearly has a mighty engine and never got out of first gear. Elliot said the filly was very forward that day and improvement today must be assured.

Getting weight from the field today I think she will bowl away in front and quicken to victory. She was second in a Listed hurdle in France last September and the Grade 1 Juvenile Hurdle at Leopardstown will be the next target.

Thedevilscoachman did win his maiden at Cork in good style, he was totally outclassed in the Future Champions last time but will make a race of it. Whether he is classy enough to give weight away and beat Riviere D'etel remains to be seen but I doubt it.

Visionarian was a beaten favourite at Tipperary in October and hasn't been seen since, he may need further than 2 miles and speed could blunt him today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Noel and Valerie Moran appear to have a right filly on their hands in Riviere D'etel.

In my view she was one of the most impressive winners of a 3yo hurdle this season and while she may not have beaten much at Punchestown in that race, she clearly has a mighty engine and never got out of first gear. Elliot said the filly was very forward that day and improvement today must be assured.

Getting weight from the field today I think she will bowl away in front and quicken to victory. She was second in a Listed hurdle in France last September and the Grade 1 Juvenile Hurdle at Leopardstown will be the next target.

Thedevilscoachman did win his maiden at Cork in good style, he was totally outclassed in the Future Champions last time but will make a race of it. Whether he is classy enough to give weight away and beat Riviere D'etel remains to be seen but I doubt it.

Visionarian was a beaten favourite at Tipperary in October and hasn't been seen since, he may need further than 2 miles and speed could blunt him today.

I think it is worth adding that Riviere D'etel is in specials with PP, Boyles and Bet Fair this morning.... The race looks competitive enough and I would ere caution trying to make money backing hyped favourites on shight ground at 5/6 generally. She can win all day on that ground and at that price as far as I am concerned.

Why would they risk her a hard race today if she is heading for a Grade 1 in 9 days?

Just Saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Another couple of expensive donkeys for Noel and Valerie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Kauto wrote: »
    Another couple of expensive donkeys for Noel and Valerie.

Was only thinking that myself Kauto. Spending some serious cash on plenty of hype jobs from PTP and Bumpers

Thought Folcano should have got that in the Stewards room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Is column of fire out for the trot today ?
    20’s seem huge for a horse who should have won the martin pipe

Edit - found this from elliot

Column Of Fire has been off the track since falling at the last in the Martin Pipe at Cheltenham when I thought he would have won had he stayed up. He took a little time to get over that fall and we've had to go steadily with him so he has been a little bit behind so far this season but he needs to start out if we are to get him to the likes of the Dublin Racing Festival and Cheltenham. He'll improve a lot from this run and he will need it so he is best watched this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

carq wrote: »

Column Of Fire has been off the track since falling at the last in the Martin Pipe at Cheltenham when I thought he would have won had he stayed up. He took a little time to get over that fall and we've had to go steadily with him so he has been a little bit behind so far this season but he needs to start out if we are to get him to the likes of the Dublin Racing Festival and Cheltenham. He'll improve a lot from this run and he will need it so he is best watched this time.

Top weight and first run, the apprentice would want to be something special. Although if he is a Grade 1 horsie he could take all the beating, even first time out. Although that ground looks tough and the horse has no form on sticky ground. You would like to see some form of money for him, even at 16's? If he was getting backed you think he might be single figures at 5 places?

I had an ew at Liz Doyle's. Small beans for an interest at 33's. I am also backing Bryony Frost for Lucy Wadham at Doncaster, it looks nailed on.

Silver Sheen should complete the 4 timer here in the 1.55 at 17/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Lieutenant Command gets my EW money here....

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

carq wrote: »

Needing the run was an understatement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I thought Walk to Freedom hinted at a return to form last time out.
    The race is probably a grade above of his capabilities these days but he's shown good form around Navan and 50s / 5 places in the 1.55 is too big to ignore.

Call a Cab ran well on his season opener and was unlucky early on last time. Probably not the day today but I'd say he'll pop up soon.

WTF fell early on but Call a Cab ran well and is primed to win soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Walsh and JP just completed their 1st lucky15 of 2021 at Navan not that I had a bob on as I'm still just doing fantasy bets while awaiting for teh shops to reopen...

WTF fell early on but Call a Cab ran well and is primed to win soon.

Call a Cab is a really good horse. It will be over fences that he makes his mark. Got a bad injury in Roscommon a while back. Been waiting for him to go back over fences.

The 2M5F novice handicap at Punchestown Festival is the perfect race for him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Sarah Lynam is on some roll!

The Mig wrote: »
    Sarah Lynam is on some roll!

I'm sure its the auld lad training them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Advertisement