Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Hello or chime/cabling?

Options
  • 28-01-2021 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

I have my Nest Hello doorbell about 2.5 years, been working perfectly since day 1.

Last week or so, getting camera offline message a few times a day, the standard doorbell chime is working intermittently, but I go get notifications of doorbell.

Trying to figure out if it's the nest unit, or the chime/power to it.

My gut says it's the nest, but not sure.

How would I verify/troubleshoot?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Easiest way to check the Hello would be to disconnect it from the 12v and connect it directly to a USB cable (check the voltage of the charger you connect it to), if it works fine on that it's your cabling, if it doesn't it might be the cabling which blew the Hello or might be just the Hello. I had electricity supply problems a year or so ago where the power was browning, ended up blowing the Hello

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Update:

Took the hello off, plugged it in with USB, worked perfectly.

So coming to the conclusion that it must be in the wiring/power/chime rather than the doorbell itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Turns out the issue was with the nest chime connector.

Replaced and all is well.

Google/Nest support sent one out free of charge.

Advertisement