Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a facewash max €20

Options
  • 28-01-2021 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

Hey, I want to get a new facewash/cleanser but I'm not sure which.

Can you recommend one for spot-prone skin but nothing with microbeads in (scrubs)?
    My max budget would be €20.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

CeraVe is supposed to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

I'm loving The Inkey List Salicylic Acid Cleanser at the moment - it provides chemical exfoliation so no microbeads. Also using Cerave foaming cleanser for normal/oily skin - this is lovely and gentle yet really effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Another vote here for the CeraVe cleanser. Its lovely and doesn't feel overly harsh at all. You'll get it for about 11euro in most places.

La Roche Posay Effaclar is good too but I always found it a little bit drying on my oily but also very sensitive skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser is great, it's available in Boots now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Cerave oily skin cleanser or La Roche Posay Effaclar-K - both available in boots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I am using CeraVe the last month or so and find it really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I'm loving The Inkey List Salicylic Acid Cleanser at the moment - it provides chemical exfoliation so no microbeads. Also using Cerave foaming cleanser for normal/oily skin - this is lovely and gentle yet really effective.

I like this one too. I didn’t realise until recently that Sam Macauley’s stock inkey list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I'm using the Salicylic Acid cleanser as well and finding it brilliant! Salicylic would be great for your spot-prone skin. My skin is also quite sensitive, so I alternate between that and No.7, either the cleansing balm or the hot cloth cleanser , both are effective but very gentle.
    The Inkey list salicylic cleanser is about €8 and both of those No.7 ones are about €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thanks for all the suggestions gals, it's great to see the choices.
    I'll check em all out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

another great one one is Cetaphil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

ams wrote: »
    another great one one is Cetaphil!

Another vote here for CeraVe. I was suffering from excema around my eyes, on my eye lid and underneath my eyes. I never suffered with this before and finally twigged it was from wearing facemasks. I bought the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser last month and use it morning and night followed by the CeraVe eye cream and it's sorted out the problem. Very impressed with it cos nothing else was working, even steroid cream

Advertisement