Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon D850+Nikon SB-700+Pixel King Pro...cannot fire flash

Options
  • 28-01-2021 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I have a newly-bought Nikon D850 DSLR + a good condition Used Nikon SB-700 as I read so many good things about it. I want to use the Pixel King Pro transmitter and receiver set, to fire the SB-700's flash wirelessly through the Pixel's radio wireless, but immediately hit a problem as in the D850's Photo Shooting Menu, the Flash Control is greyed out and I get a message pop up 'not available, etc'.

Can anyone shed any light on this, please, otherwise getting that cheaper alternative of the Pixel King Pro set as opposed to an expensive Nikon wireless kit was a sheer waste of money? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

You can only use the camera flash control if you have a flash physically on the camera, it doesn't recognise transmitters. I use pocketwizard ETTL units and its the same

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Oletimer

Borderfox wrote: »
    You can only use the camera flash control if you have a flash physically on the camera, it doesn't recognise transmitters. I use pocketwizard ETTL units and its the same
    Thanks. I have just tried your suggestion. put a SB-700 in the hotshoe, and that Flash Control option as you can see in the attached shot, is still greyed out with the same option when I press the Set button. Yet, I can fire the SB-700 with it mounted in the D850's hotshoe

Advertisement