Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading from Virgin Router?

Options
  • 28-01-2021 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I am a bit technologically challenged so any advice will be appreciated.
    I was told that the Virgin Router is very basic and probably the cause of our ongoing WiFi problems (we've had the technicians out repeatedly). I don't need the best, just something that is going to send a signal up 3 floors and not cut out the whole time. I've been checking the review sites and one that seems to be quite good is the TP-Link AC2300, but I don't understand all the techno-babble, Komplette.ie has it at €99.00 which seems a good price as well. Does anyone know whether this will sort out our problems with the wifi cutting out constantly, or are there other solutions I should be investigating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

kig wrote: »
    I am a bit technologically challenged so any advice will be appreciated.
    I was told that the Virgin Router is very basic and probably the cause of our ongoing WiFi problems (we've had the technicians out repeatedly). I don't need the best, just something that is going to send a signal up 3 floors and not cut out the whole time. I've been checking the review sites and one that seems to be quite good is the TP-Link AC2300, but I don't understand all the techno-babble, Komplette.ie has it at €99.00 which seems a good price as well. Does anyone know whether this will sort out our problems with the wifi cutting out constantly, or are there other solutions I should be investigating.

Get a decent WiFi mesh system setup and you will be golden. Search for the thread on boards.

Advertisement