Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pex size for 22mm

Options
  • 28-01-2021 10:16am

I know 15mm and 1/2 fittings are pretty much interchangeable.
    I have a set of bath taps that take a 22mm.

What about 22mm & 3/4 compression fittings?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Did you buy the bath tap in Ireland or was it imported?

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Did you buy the bath tap in Ireland or was it imported?

came from the north

I'm putting in new pipe

That should still be a 3/4" tail. Go into your local plumbing supplier with the tap and ask to see if a 3/4" -312 connection screws onto it, it should.
    Probably better and easier for you if you buy two 3/4" flexible hoses as the 312 connections need flax or a lot of tape to ensure a good water tight connection.

Thanks K flyer.
    I'll double check the tails this evening.
    The bath is a free standing one with standpipes going to a concrete floor so its a bit tricky and needs to be right first time.

I was doing a test fit yesterday and I had it in my head that the taps would be 1/2" with a 1/2" supply.
    I'll have to open up my floor chase a bit to get the 3/4" pipe in but rather now than when its finished :o

Thanks K flyer.
    I'll double check the tails this evening.
    The bath is a free standing one with standpipes going to a concrete floor so its a bit tricky and needs to be right first time.

I was doing a test fit yesterday and I had it in my head that the taps would be 1/2" with a 1/2" supply.
    I'll have to open up my floor chase a bit to get the 3/4" pipe in but rather now than when its finished :o

If 1/2" is coming out of the floor you could get away with it, but filling the bath may take a little bit longer.
    Ask in the supplier for a 3/4" to 1/2" 312 which will allow 1/2" pipe or flexible hoses to connect to the tap.
    Or use 3/4" flexible hoses which will screw straight onto the tap and use a 3/4 to 1/2" reducer to connect to the 1/2" pipework.

• Advertisement
Advertisement