Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Ads, Spending More on Clicks than Purchases

Options
  • 27-01-2021 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I run an online electric scooter store.

Our main platform for advertising is using google ad keyword campaigns, doing pretty well so far with maybe an average of 4k in sales per month and a spend of around €500-€700 on the advertising,

Although we are getting alot of traffic, for example, today nearly 300 visitors to the website, with only one sale.

On average its 150 visitors to the website each day with average as 20% returning visitors.

bounce rate average 30%

since we are paying per click it seems a bit wasteful if only a v small percentage are buying, so we are paying for them to look and leave.

Can you recommend certain things for the ad, like maybe shortened sentences, or call to action words we should use, to create more conversions?

thank you!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Google ads have become very expensive in the last few years. Some of my best keywords have gone from €0.12 top of page to €2.80 top of page.

If you are spending that kind of money with them then you should have been appointed a 'Google Strategist' by now who will go through everything with you. They won't do it for you, but they will point you in the right direction and help you optimise your campaign.

Do you have an offline shop? If so, your money might be better spent on advertising locally. €700 for €4k sales is not a great return. As they say, if advertising is costing you - you're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FionMc

instead think about how you can improve your website to convert the customers better an/or capture their details so you can market to them for free. Another strategy is to leverage remarketing display advertising. its very cheap to follow a person around with an ad after they visited your site through an expensive ppc ad

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

id look at your analytics in more detail to see the traffic sources other than those that are coming from the google ads - I would then be looking at the interatcion with the site to see what pages they look at the most. You can install "heat tracking" software to see how people are moving around your site.

I would also get feedback directly from your customers. I have been on so many sites that make it difficult to buy things due to bad layout, design or cart process. You need to make it easy to purchase as soon as someone is on the site and looking at something.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Hi all,

I run an online electric scooter store.

Our main platform for advertising is using google ad keyword campaigns, doing pretty well so far with maybe an average of 4k in sales per month and a spend of around €500-€700 on the advertising,

Although we are getting alot of traffic, for example, today nearly 300 visitors to the website, with only one sale.

On average its 150 visitors to the website each day with average as 20% returning visitors.

bounce rate average 30%

since we are paying per click it seems a bit wasteful if only a v small percentage are buying, so we are paying for them to look and leave.

Can you recommend certain things for the ad, like maybe shortened sentences, or call to action words we should use, to create more conversions?

thank you!:cool:

1. Define audience location, if majority of your customers based e.g. Ireland restrict your google campaign to Ireland visitors only. Or create a few different ones with variety of settings.

2. Create (https)door page where visitors will land by clicking on google adds and get max. information and run analysis on log file.

3. If you have many returning visitors probably visiting your site from google search page. e.g. my sister ordering from just eat by typing in google search every time and clicking first link on the results. Obviously paid one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

free course - https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage-ie/course/digital-marketing/

Make content in the ads more relevant and you can get away with lower bids

• Advertisement
Advertisement