Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber covering for shed door gap

Options
  • 27-01-2021 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for something flexible to cover a gap between my shed door and the wall. Basically, I've added external wood cladding for both but had to leave a gap as the door opens out so there is a gap where the hinges are.

So I was thinking that to cover this gap that I could have something flexible covering the gap and attached to the door and the wall. That could flex or bend as the door is opened. Anyone have any ideas what I could use? Has to bend when the door is opened. I thought even some sort of tape could do, but prefer something more durable like a rubber strip that is 5 or 6 cm wide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Thanks - that's the type of thing I'm looking for 30m is a lot more than I need. Ideally I'd like something to match closer to the wood colour.
    One option I can think of is brown flashing tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Split open inner tubes, from old push bikes? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Stigura wrote: »
    Split open inner tubes, from old push bikes? :confused:

My tubes are 27c so they won't stretch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Go to the local tyre repair place and they will have a load of old tractor inner tubes, get some with the blue stripe on them and you will have as much heavy rubber stripping as you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

I'm looking for something flexible to cover a gap between my shed door and the wall. Basically, I've added external wood cladding for both but had to leave a gap as the door opens out so there is a gap where the hinges are.

So I was thinking that to cover this gap that I could have something flexible covering the gap and attached to the door and the wall. That could flex or bend as the door is opened. Anyone have any ideas what I could use? Has to bend when the door is opened. I thought even some sort of tape could do, but prefer something more durable like a rubber strip that is 5 or 6 cm wide.

Can you post a photo?
    Might give folks a better idea .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Weatherstrips maybe? Have used some of the Stormguard ones to fill gaps along sides and top of the garage door. They're sort of like memory foam, so they have some give

https://www.screwfix.ie/c/security-ironmongery/weatherstrips/cat840964

Just using Screwfix as an example by the way, be aware there's delays in deliveries from them before you order

Advertisement