Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband & Moving House

Options
  • 27-01-2021 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I am currently living in a rented house and have my Broadband with Sky. There are 4 of us Working from Home and using this which is adequate for our WFH and other requirements.
    I have recently purchased a house and it is undergoing significant refurbishment at the moment but I should be moving to the new house by the end of next month, February. I have been onto Sky with regard to transferring the BB to the new location. What I am being told by them is that I will have to discontinue the BB at the current location, then register the phoneline at the new address and wait 6/7 days for an engineer to commission the BB at the new address - there cannot be 2 locations registered to the same person at the same time, it seems.
    In reality this means that I will not have BB access for a week and the 4 of us will either have to take holidays or find an alternative BB location for this week.
    Have I any option other than this?? Is it possible to get Sky to prioritise the changeover when there are 4 people WFH and dependant on the service??

Ta

Advertisement