Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir TV and broadband

Options
  • 27-01-2021 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Has anybody here had experience with Eir tv and broadband packages?

I signed up to a 12 month contract for TV and broadband for €39.98 a month last July (promotion still advertised on the Eir website) but today I get my bill saying that was for 6 months and now it's €79.99.

I've got to say I think their website advertising is very misleading, I've gone in and checked and no where does it say about the price rising after 6 months and if I'd known it was going to rise I wouldn't have taken the offer.

I've been onto their customer service team but they weren't at all interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

I signed up in Feb and got the full 12 months at the advertised price. My mum signed up later and she specifically said to me she did not get as good a deal as I did. Have you any emails from the time you signed up that you could double check? You could always try ringing up and giving out ???

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

dotsflan wrote: »
    Has anybody here had experience with Eir tv and broadband packages?

I signed up to a 12 month contract for TV and broadband for €39.98 a month last July (promotion still advertised on the Eir website) but today I get my bill saying that was for 6 months and now it's €79.99.

I've got to say I think their website advertising is very misleading, I've gone in and checked and no where does it say about the price rising after 6 months and if I'd known it was going to rise I wouldn't have taken the offer.

I've been onto their customer service team but they weren't at all interested.

I also signed up last July - and got full 12 month discount. It was very clear on their website at the time, and they also sent me an email (from getmore@eir.ie), explaining the exact terms of the contract. Check if you received this email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah I have that email from them, and it does say on it alright in small print about it being a promotional price and in January there will be an increase. It's my fault really for not reading the small print but I still think I have been mislead by how it was and still is worded on their website. You live and learn as they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭mickey15ie

What does the eir tv box look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

mickey15ie wrote: »
    What does the eir tv box look like?

If you sign up now, eir offer the Apple 4K TV box.

I have the previous version which was eir branded, and has a hard disk in the box, like the other TV providers.

The Apple 4K TV box has a very nice user interface, and allows you to have all your TV apps in the one box (RTE, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Disney, Apple etc). However, I believe there is a copyright issue with BBC, which means you can only watch it live, and not record it. This was not an issue on the eir Vision box - which is why I am sticking with it for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

They gave me both, so there is the usual wifi box, nothing unusual about it, then the small apple tv box.

You can record some stuff on BBC (and other channels), I am recording My Garden Made Perfect at mo, but it's v unpredictable.

Advertisement