Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How To Return Sky Equipment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,319 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not hidden at all. Not sure why you think that it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,439 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My Father in law cancelled their multi room. He was told when cancelling that he had to return kit. He was emailed to confirm same. He received a box and label to use to return kit in the post. They (sky) made it very clear that you need to return kit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

muffler wrote: »
    Not hidden at all. Not sure why you think that it is.

We don't have Royal Mail or Collect+ here, there is no link to An Post on that page.

Even when you select the Tricolour you end up on British pages, I made a complaint online and got a response saying that is for GB customers, we have to ring.

dulpit wrote: »
    My Father in law cancelled their multi room. He was told when cancelling that he had to return kit. He was emailed to confirm same. He received a box and label to use to return kit in the post. They (sky) made it very clear that you need to return kit...

They refused to take my cancellation instruction, give me an email to cancellations or send me a return label. I had 4 Sky Q boxes in less than 12 months and told them I would leave if they would not give me a HD+ as Sky Q keeps crashing, we regularly lost service and recordings and things failed to record as the box would crash in standby.

Shemale wrote: »
    We don't have Royal Mail or Collect+ here, there is no link to An Post on that page.

Even when you select the Tricolour you end up on British pages, I made a complaint online and got a response saying that is for GB customers, we have to ring.
    The page clearly shows a link to An Post so I have no idea why you can't see it. Make sure the tri colour is displayed instead of clicking on it.

• Advertisement

The site is jenky as hell. I clicked your link this morning and no An Post, I clicked your link there, not sure how you got it and it shows An Post.

I have navigated to it and changed the flag and it doesn't show An Post, you can see the url hasn't updated with the changed flag when I did it

Anyway that is why I just posted the link as I never got to the page you linked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

This is what I see on that link.
    541441.jpg

Shemale wrote: »
    The site is jenky as hell. I clicked your link this morning and no An Post, I clicked your link there, not sure how you got it and it shows An Post.

I have navigated to it and changed the flag and it doesn't show An Post, you can see the url hasn't updated with the changed flag when I did it

Anyway that is why I just posted the link as I never got to the page you linked.
    What you may have been doing was clicking on the Irish flag thinking that was where you wanted to go but in doing so it brought you to the UK site. The url is the same for both sites except "-roi" displays at the end of the url when you're on the Irish version of the site.

So in response to your original comment Sky does not hide any link to An Post when helping people return equipment and why would they. Think about it ... it's in their interest as much as yours to have equipment returned.

Maybe clearing the browser cache will help with this issue going forward.

It is a bug on Edge, when you do anything, the first thing it does is redirect (302) to the non -roi url so you won't get to the Irish page, even when logged in.

In terms of not wanting people returning the equipment, they wouldn't give me the link or cancel or send me a box to return as I am in contract and I couldn't find the link, no big conspiracy it just seemed odd. With my equipment returned now they can't even try to argue that I am using the service.

Anyway just shared to be helpful as I had problems finding the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

cancelled sky and brought back he box with the label attached that was given to me by sky-woman in post office said that label sky gave me doesnt work and you log into your account to print the proper one ,

no idea what shes on abt

anyone have to deal with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Apologies for reviving an old topic but -

I've just cancelled sky and looked at the An Post return site. They don't give you a label as it's 'label free'. Will Sky email me a label in relation to this? They didn't tell me anything bar the details on the site above stating I would be given a label.

Odd. Thinking I'll just stick a written note in the box with the account number and name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 elmaschingon

Were you able to resolve this? I am trying to figure out how to return the equipment. I moved houses, they were supposed to send a package to my new address when I moved but never received the package. Their customer service was useless. I am trying to figure out to which address I am supposed to send the equipment.

Advertisement