Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch mortgage from BOI to AIB

Options
  • 26-01-2021 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hello,

Hoping to switch mortgage from BOI to AIB. Interested to hear experiences of others - pitfalls, duration, lessons learned.

With the original BOI mortgage, I found that there were always new requests from the bank or surprise steps at the 11th hour. Hoping to avoid that sort of hassle this time around. BOI current rates are far too high.

PAYE employee, less than 50% LTV remaining.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

If your balance o/s is over 250k and you move to Haven Mortgages Ltd which is the Broker arm of AIB and you take a 3 or 5 year fixed at 2.55% they will pay you cashback of 5k. When you take into consideration the rate and cash back over a 3 year period this beats the Avant rate.

You need to apply through a broker - many who do not charge fees. I don't see an option to attach the brochure.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

Hello,

Hoping to switch mortgage from BOI to AIB. Interested to hear experiences of others - pitfalls, duration, lessons learned.

With the original BOI mortgage, I found that there were always new requests from the bank or surprise steps at the 11th hour. Hoping to avoid that sort of hassle this time around. BOI current rates are far too high.

PAYE employee, less than 50% LTV remaining.

Thanks.

Hi
    Did you go ahead with the switch to AIB?
    How long did it all take from once the valuation was done?
    thanks

Advertisement