Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stress in work due to covid?

Options
  • 26-01-2021 4:21pm
    Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭

Is anyone else finding work particularly stressful due to covid?

We are constantly short people awaiting tests isolating etc. Some older experienced workers decided to retire early in order to isolate and have been replaced by new graduates, some of which are terrible.

With all of these factors lumped together I find I'm just run ragged every day. I suppose the worst is that we can no longer go for a drink after a stressful day.

How is everyone managing stress these days ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Ya same here I find it hard to switch off, I work for a fairly busy utilities company so still plenty going on at work, but nothing else going on I used enjoy a few pints with the lads at the weekends, play a bit of golf, bring the kids to activities nothing now only work and home and work has taken over my head space building motorway in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Don't think our workload has increased in any way but I'm finding it's very very difficult to keep my head on the job these days when working from home all the time.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭ax530

working from home with young school children & toddlers everythign seems to happen at the same time makes everythign that bit more stressful

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Physicskid9

Yeah it's not great to say the least, hopefully won't be for too much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Chill, you only do what you can do, getting worked up about other people's shortcomings is only stressing you not them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement