Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband/Home Phone Service not working - when can I cancel contract?

• 26-01-2021 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I moved from Eir to Vodafone, service ordered on 31/12/2020. Engineer due on 08/01/2021 - Engineer failed to turn up so I plugged in the modem myself - broadband worked but home phone didn't. I rang Vodafone on the 8th, the 12th - each time Customer Care assured me I would be up and running soon. I contacted via Twitter on 20/01 and 25/01 - once again assured all was being done.

So now, we are coming up on three weeks and I have had no home phone since 28/01. When can I cancel this - as far as I'm concerned they have not provided the required service. I did ask when I was supposed to start paying from on Twitter and they said from 08/01 but they would refund me the phone part!!?!!

Luckily I was able to do the modem myself, otherwise I'd have no service at all since 08/01.

Thoughts?
    Thanks
    Wishbone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AdesR

I'm in a similar boat.

Did you find out anything about cancellation?

I was working for a month and then they just cut off my connection because something in their backend didn't register the installation was successful.

I've been down for a week, and even if they did manage to cancel me completely it would take another week to install.
    I'd rather just get off this train with them.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

My broadband and telephone were installed on the 16th of December. I still can't receive telephone calls, though I can make them. Support is awful. A "manager" is due to call me tomorrow to explain why I can't cancel the service with no fee, despite them not being able to provide a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Comreg all the way. I have had issues with VF billing anytime I made a change and everytime I had to involve COMREG
    So
    a) submit a formal complaint. Do not let them talk you out of it.
    b) Let 10 working days elapse.
    c) If it's not sorted properly, contact COMREG who will contact VF escalation team. They are very efficient in the interest of not clocking up fines for VF. They generally do anything that can to close the case (within reason)

I had a minor breakthrough this evening. I called them up, and they said they had made some changes to the account, and now my contract start date is...today.

Today means I am within my cooling off period for cancellation. Of course, THAT team was closed, but I'll be onto them in the morning.

I've also taken the name of the agent, requested she confirm that in the notes of the call, and finally requested a data subject access request, requiring them to provide all data they have on me, including notes. Hopefully I'll be moving away from them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wishbone

I do have an update....still no phone :-) The phone light on the modem blinks twice every couple of seconds or so for a number of minutes and then gives up. I can see in the Modem Log that it fails to register with the Vodafone VOIP service.

But also I spoke to a customer care person on Wednesday who said that my cooling off period start date does not in fact start until the full service is provided and the order is closed (I can see in My Vodafone App that it is still 'Submitted') so I can move (apparently) at any time from now up until 14 days after my phone service is enabled - which by all accounts sounds like it will be a long wait! He gave me his name and said that the call is recorded, so if there are any issues to highlight this.

So then I rang Eir - who I had just moved from and they said I could go back to them - which I was surprised at as I thought I would need to wait 6 months or so - so that's probably what I will do. They have a good offer of 30e per month and I have had no problem with them in the past.

Mind you this is the first time I had moved my homephone number from PSTN to VOIP so I wonder if that is part of it...I hope my home phone number still exists!

Did any of you get a bill yet from VF? That sounds like it will be another argument if I am charged the full whack...

Thanks everyone for input.
    Wishbone

• Advertisement

More update - I just rang Vodafone and asked for my UAN so as to prepare my move to Eir. They put me through to the Customer Retention department.

They said I would not be billed until the service was fully active - and he 'promised' that he has escalated further and will be fixed in 24/48 hours - so I'll give them until Tuesday and if no joy by then I'll move to Eir.
    They have also given me one month free service from the date the service is fully active if I stay...

Will let you know come Tuesday the situation....
    W

I handed in my notice to VF today, and signed up with Pure. Fingers crossed.

Still no luck on my part.

Vodafone now no longer want to speak to me because they say I no longer have an account with them.
    But digiweb can't place an order since VF have a pending order on my SIRO connection.

I've reached out to comreg.
    Supposedly a manager will call me tomorrow, but who knows if that will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

AdesR wrote: »
    Still no luck on my part.

Vodafone now no longer want to speak to me because they say I no longer have an account with them.
    But digiweb can't place an order since VF have a pending order on my SIRO connection.

I've reached out to comreg.
    Supposedly a manager will call me tomorrow, but who knows if that will happen.

When comreg poke them with a stick, their escalations team are far more efficient that the ground troops. You'll get a call. If not, tell comreg and they'll sort.
    VF can get fines racking up if they annoy comreg.

Sorted it out. was cancelled and am now on digiweb.

at least 3 weeks later i am back online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ddonlon

I switched to VF from Eir 3 weeks ago approx , anyway three days after signing up I am told an engineer will call to do the installation, (me thinking they are on the ball here) , I thought they would use the original modem on the wall but no they have their own, it was KN network guy anyway, he asked where is my router I said I don't have it yet, he said it should be there there next day but if not ring VF. He didn't do anything except leave the new modem box for me to use on switch over.
    Rang VF next day Friday two weeks ago they said it would be out 3-5 working days , nothing arrived, so rang last Friday was told 3-5 days, nothing arrived again , looks like I will be making my usual Friday call to be told 3-5 days.
    Good job VF are just as bad at contacting Eir about switching as I still have broadband service, there would be meltdown here with 3 teenagers and no service.

Ok so I have been led along another week or so with Vodafone and still no home phone. They persuaded me that it would all be fixed so I didn't officially log a complaint. I'll be doing it today and then if it's not sorted in 10 days I'll be moving to Eir. (just because VF are giving me free local calls all day as opposed to off peak)

Out of interest - we have never had issues of broadband dropping when we were with Eir, yet we have had that with Vodafone since we moved. I know they're using the same infrastructure bar the broadband modem. So logically it must be the modem?

Has anyone else found the same problem?

AdesR wrote: »
    Sorted it out. was cancelled and am now on digiweb.

at least 3 weeks later i am back online.

Any issues with broadband dropping?

I'm in South Dublin suburbs.

Almost two months to the day and I'm back in action! Vodafone have finally managed the momentous task of turning on my home phone. I got a formal complaint number from Vodafone there on the 15th of Feb - they do a really good job of fobbing you off for a while, I then waited the required two weeks and contacted ComReg via their WebChat on Monday 1st of March. Thursday 4th of March and all is now working.

I have to say it was a lot of phone calls but on the bright side now I've got my service, I've received 120e worth of credit for all my whinging so I'm happy enough. I persisted with Vodafone as I had to be sure that my home phone number was sorted before I ever move - I didn't want to pass the problem to someone else and then perhaps lose my home phone number in the process.

Luckily it was the home phone element that wasn't working as if it was the broadband I'd have left them a long time ago.

Advertisement