We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Quit smoking yesterday.

Comments

Well done you. Keep it up. You'll start feeling clearer soon and it'll all be worth it. Let me know how you get on.

Wait till you have your first bag of Tayto after your taste buds return.

Best of luck to you, hope it goes well, fair play.

Well all.

After two days I didn’t feel so many moments. Much easier now. Neighbour even offered me one and I didn’t hesitate to say no. Way more energy waking up. Anyone considering same good luck to you

6 days
    60 not smoked
    40 euro

Did you go cold turkey? I need to do something again very very shortly it's on my mind every day to stop again..

Did you go cold turkey? I need to do something again very very shortly it's on my mind every day to stop again..

Yeah cold turkey. Still going. Don’t think about the anymore at all. I was in the same mind frame. Thought about it every day but I never cut down or set a date. I knew the moment would take me and I remained strong for the few days. After that easy Good luck

Great going Ghetofarmulous. Well done.
    I’ve just looked up “giving up smoking” on boards for the first time, and seen your post. It won’t be the first time I’ve given up. I’ve smoked way too much for way too long. I need to quit for good. The anxiety and worry that I’m going to see serious health consequences is getting higher. I’ve seen the financial consequences for many years. It’s nuts. Just nuts.
    Now, to move worrying into positive action.
    I’ll dig out Alan Carr.
    Hope you’re enjoying your freedom and life without scummy cigs. Hope to join you very soon.

grazer wrote: »
    Great going Ghetofarmulous. Well done.
    I’ve just looked up “giving up smoking” on boards for the first time, and seen your post. It won’t be the first time I’ve given up. I’ve smoked way too much for way too long. I need to quit for good. The anxiety and worry that I’m going to see serious health consequences is getting higher. I’ve seen the financial consequences for many years. It’s nuts. Just nuts.
    Now, to move worrying into positive action.
    I’ll dig out Alan Carr.
    Hope you’re enjoying your freedom and life without scummy cigs. Hope to join you very soon.

All the best Grazer.

I’m already up 194 Euro and feeling very good.

Society & Culture