Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U35 visa...at 35

Options
  • 26-01-2021 4:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hi I’ve had a look around the forums and I couldn’t find any info on this.
    I want to apply for the working holiday visa next year and what I was wondering was can I apply for this aged 35 and do a two year visa then or as I’m at the cut off is this a no-go?

E.g. I’m 34 now and this this next year I will be 35 and I would plan to move in summer 2022. Have I left it too late?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bumbles123

Hi I’ve had a look around the forums and I couldn’t find any info on this.
    I want to apply for the working holiday visa next year and what I was wondering was can I apply for this aged 35 and do a two year visa then or as I’m at the cut off is this a no-go?

E.g. I’m 34 now and this this next year I will be 35 and I would plan to move in summer 2022. Have I left it too late?

My understanding is that you can apply up to and including your 35th year ?? I'm planning to do the same.,.will be 35 this summer. Not planning on going till right before 36 birthday.

Still in early stages of deliberating it !! I could be wrong on the above ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Your application has to be fully approved and the POE letter has to issued before you turn 36. If you turn 36 during application process it'll be denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Once you activate your POE (as in, land in Canada) when you're 35 or under, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

the_syco wrote: »
    Once you activate your POE (as in, land in Canada) when you're 35 or under, you'll be grand.

You can enter when you are 36, only the letter has to be issued by the time you turn 36.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You can enter when you are 36, only the letter has to be issued by the time you turn 36.
    You are correct. For anyone that has doubts, please see the above confirmed in the official site;
    https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=928&top=25
    If we approve your work permit application, you must enter Canada while your Port of Entry (POE) Letter is still valid. You do not have to enter Canada before your birthday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭RingTheAlarm!

the_syco wrote: »
    You are correct. For anyone that has doubts, please see the above confirmed in the official site;
    https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=928&top=25

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mickb22

Hey lads, just wanted to see how the process went with getting your POE letter and getting accepted by immigration? Heading myself soon too..

Advertisement