Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women who touch your chest as casually as if it's your shoulder?

Options
  • 25-01-2021 10:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭

I believe that just because men don't have breasts shouldn't mean that women should be able to put their hands on their chests. But you see it happen now and then. You mostly get it from older women; often they will do it when when something comes to their mind while talking... something like "oh and I almost forgot...". You know what what I mean? It can be kind of hard to just say "don't touch me".

I remember saying to one woman "if you want to touch me, you can do it to my shoulder". She then said "do you feel violated?". I answered by saying "well is it necessary?". She then of course gave the "I didn't mean to offend" nonsense. I don't care if you didn't

Another time a lady was doing it to my arm as we were talking, and my arms were folded. I eventually unfolded my arms so that she'd stop touching my arm. I knew this particular woman wouldn't go as far as touching my chest.

Have you ever experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Welcome back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

After a year of lockdown my chest is fair game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Just tell them you got a stalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I see women doing it to their fellas. You see it in photos a lot. I think it is a kind of "back off bitches, he's mine" type signal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Deemed as Normal

I see women doing it to their fellas. You see it in photos a lot. I think it is a kind of "back off bitches, he's mine" type signal.
    I'm not talking about about in a relationship though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

jaysus ......

i have. And i can honestly say , it hasnt offended/affected/triggered me to any extent at all.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I believe that just because men don't have breasts shouldn't mean that women should be able to put their hands on their chests. But you see it happen now and then. Often a woman will do it when when something comes to their mind while talking... something like "oh and I almost forgot...". You know what what I mean? It can be kind of hard to just say "don't touch me".

I remember saying to one woman "if you want to touch me, you can do it to my shoulder". She then said "do you feel violated?". I answered by saying "well is it necessary?". She then of course gave the "I didn't mean to offend" nonsense. I don't care if you didn't

Another time a lady was doing it to my arm as we were talking, and my arms were folded. I eventually unfolded my arms so that she'd stop touching my arm. I knew this particular woman wouldn't go as far as touching my chest.

I feel sorry for you and your sensitive chest. I love women playing with my nipples, even strange women, to say the least it makes me hornest as fu€k. Be a man and let the women at your chest. I might be wrong, but is their something mr fegish about the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Belay there! No-one touches my treasure, 'specially not no woman-folk. Aaaaaarrrr!!

If I casually touch a man's chest or arm it means I'm interested in him. It's one of the rituals of flirting.

ETA: This is not premeditated, it's automatic and would only happen when he's displaying obvious signs of interest himself. I don't make a habit of mauling random men.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

If I casually touch a man's chest or arm it means I'm interested in him. It's one of the rituals of flirting.

OK, I get that know, I always thought that they were trying to steal my chain!

• Advertisement

I have had girls do that to me the odd time. I am not offended, i just find it weird. And it is a total double standard. Men aren't allowed to touch women without consent, therefore women should also observe that rule and not be touching fellas unless they are sure they have permission.
    If a man touched a woman causally like that without permission and the woman was offended by it their charter would be blackened.

I have had girls do that to me the odd time. I am not offended, i just find it weird. And it is a total double standard. Men aren't allowed to touch women without consent, therefore women should also observe that rule and not be touching fellas unless they are sure they have permission.
    If a man touched a woman causally like that without permission and the woman was offended by it their charter would be blackened.

It's normal for a man to touch a woman's arm etc. A man putting his hand on a woman's breast would be the same as a woman stroking a man's penis. You can't compare touching a man's chest with a woman's.

It's a wonder people manage to get together at all with all the mental gymnastics some people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭micks_address

previous employer my manager used to often rest her hands on mens arms/ shoulders while chatting to them at their desk... most thought it was a little odd.. she was very touchy feely... it certainly wouldn't have flown if it were a man touching female colleagues the same way

I don't mean touching a womans chest. I mean touching her anywhere at all. All it takes is for it to be misinterpreted and not liked and then bang, there are suggestions of allegations or accusations. And as a man, you're guilty until proven innocent. And even if you are proven innocent, there is still the notion that "oh, he got away with it because x y z"
    I would never touch a woman unless i know her very well or i was given permission.

previous employer my manager used to often rest her hands on mens arms/ shoulders while chatting to them at their desk... most thought it was a little odd.. she was very touchy feely... it certainly wouldn't have flown if it were a man touching female colleagues the same way

I think a good way to stop that would be to pause, look down at her hand, and then slowly bring your eyes up to make intense eye contact while breathing increasingly heavily in a creepy manner.

I think a good way to stop that would be to pause, look down at her hand, and then slowly bring your eyes up to make intense eye contact while breathing increasingly heavily in a creepy manner.

That will make you look aroused!

That's the point!

That's the point!

So you won't casually touch a woman you're flirting with without her consent, but you recommend pretending to be aroused by a female boss in the workplace?

I was joking with that. You could do it, it would probably make her never do it again - because she'd think you are a creepy weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Thankfully social distancing makes it easier to say 'back off romeo' to both men and women. When restaurants were open in the summer i did observe this oul wan multiple times trying to to tough the arm of a waiter in a 'c'mere and I tell ya' laughy kind of way and she could see he recoiled and took steps back and she kept doing it multiple times, covid or no covid. Some people are just relentless pervs clearly.

As for chest touching, naw!. Men might be flat chested but we have nipples like, it's an erogenous zone of sorts. Equivalent touching a woman on the lower back

• Advertisement

Kylta wrote: »
    I feel sorry for you and your sensitive chest. I love women playing with my nipples, even strange women, to say the least it makes me hornest as fu€k.
    Even if it's your auntie?

ETA: This is not premeditated, it's automatic and would only happen when he's displaying obvious signs of interest himself. I don't make a habit of mauling random men.
    Flirting is a completely different thing.

Is touching a woman's lower back a sexual thing? I never heard of that.

Another story. In a place i used work, there was a local older woman (60s) who used come in in the mornings to make the tea and do wash up, order stuff for the canteen etc. She was doing it with years, and a lovely chatty pure irish mammy type woman. But she had been known to be too touchy with men, mostly men that worked there. One thing i saw her do was when a fella was making tea and was standing in the corner part of the kitchen counter, and she went over and started yapping to him in the corner, then commented that oh he had lovely trousers was it new? and started rubbing his leg to admire the trousers. She basically had him cornered. But sure no-one took much notice or said anything because, ah sure god love her isn't she a gas aul woman altogether.

Now, if I had done it to a female colleague, i'd have been sacked immediately.

I was joking with that. You could do it, it would probably make her never do it again - because she'd think you are a creepy weirdo.
    So how would you handle it without looking like a creepy weirdo?

move your arm when she does it. so she sees you don't like it.

cgcsb wrote: »
    Equivalent touching a woman on the lower back
    That's a very good way of putting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I remember when the internet used to be all brrrrrbiinnngggbuzzzzzbrrrrrrrrbingggggbzzzzs and then logging on to find interesting people across the globe in Yahoo chat and 'The pub' chat room.

Now it's all just weird, sad and tainted. Ugh internet you've lost your way. Bring back dial up it made it a bit more I don't know thoughtful.

bilbot79 wrote: »
    After a year of lockdown my chest is fair game
    Why do so many people insist on making jokes about a serious (although specific) issue. Is there's no joking around inside in the men's rights thread?

It's your sort of attitude that allows women like Madonna to know that they can force a kiss on fellow artists while performing on stage, and get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I believe that just because men don't have breasts shouldn't mean that women should be able to put their hands on their chests. But you see it happen now and then. You mostly get it from older women; often they will do it when when something comes to their mind while talking... something like "oh and I almost forgot...". You know what what I mean? It can be kind of hard to just say "don't touch me".

Do the same thing back when it happens. Come back and report results.

I’ve a good feeling about this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LaAlgerie

To start with, if a man did that to a woman in a work situation, it could quickly escalate to sexual harassment. There are double standards here.

I pity the OP. Not because of the questions he asks, but because so often on Boards you can't discuss something or ask questions without the bored, sarcastic keyboard warriors stepping in for a round of applause.

Advertisement