Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android box

Options
  • 25-01-2021 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,
    Have a Sony TV with Android built in.
    I have Saorview & use Netflix, prime, smart IPTV etc
    But it is too slow
    I would like a separate box and an looking for recommendations

Cast
    Prime
    Netflix
    Smart IPTV (siptv)
    Small form factor
    Speedy
    Install wider library of apps (I installed zoom directly on the TV but it was a pain)

Was looking at Google Chromecast with Google TV or Firestick 4k but anyone got any other recommendations?
    Will siptv work on the Chromecast with Google TV? (It does on the TV itself)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I use the NVIDIA Shield TV. It's fast and runs Android TV. I cannot fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

lertsnim wrote: »

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

lertsnim wrote: »

+1 ... super box tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Chromecast with Google TV or shield

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

Another one for the Shield TV here. Had a H96 Pro+ previously for a few years and it was a faithful servant, but I wouldn't go back to those slightly janky cheaper boxes again. Best plum for something premium if you are going to get a lot of use out of it imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Thanks all, I'll give the shield a spin

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Can you install smart IPTV app?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

Yes, you can do pretty much everything with it afaik.

Edit: Thread here where posters fondle their Shields: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057823443

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

No doubt a silly question but what can you do with Shield or Google with TV that you can't do with an Android TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

No doubt a silly question but what can you do with Shield or Google with TV that you can't do with an Android TV?

Nothing really. The shield has a more powerful processor so some games would play better but nothing you can't do on an Android tv. Any app that will install one will install on the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Those boxes run AndroidTV OS, same as TVs that run AndroidTV.

Advertisement