Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Help me find a neurosurgeon

  • 25-01-2021 2:26pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 14


    Hello. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a neurosurgeon. I live in waterford, was referred to cork hospital as my nearest one, but they lost my referral and and this stage, Happy to just pay private even. Whitfield can't help. Anywhere else?


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭8valve


    Mater Private?

    Not sure who's the man there now; Mr O'Neill was the gent who saved me over a decade ago but he may be retired now?

    Couldn't fault the level of care and professionalism I received.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14 leog


    Thank you I will look into him!


  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭headtheball14


    It really depends what your issue is. I was referred to cork but got referral to Beaumont . Different neurosurgeons specialised in different conditions They are pretty much the options.


  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭headtheball14


    Your GP should be able to offer some help. Then ask for recommendations. Search for your condition and see if they have any research published etc. If you ring the secretary if they don't cover condition they will often tell you who does. Good luck


  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh


    PM sent


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea


    leog wrote: »
    Hello. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a neurosurgeon. I live in waterford, was referred to cork hospital as my nearest one, but they lost my referral and and this stage, Happy to just pay private even. Whitfield can't help. Anywhere else?

    There's no neurosurgery anywhere in Waterford. As regards Cork vs Dublin, have your referral sent to both, find out how long you'll be waiting in both and then, pick. However, if you are doing this, please make sure to call whichever hospital you're not going to go with and ask them to remove you from their waiting list.


  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid


    Think about Gender.
    Why?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10


    It is unbelievable that there is no Neurosurgeon of any description in not only Waterford but the whole South East!

    There is only 500,000 people living in this area you would think there would be at least 1!


  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea


    reni10 wrote: »
    It is unbelievable that there is no Neurosurgeon of any description in not only Waterford but the whole South East!

    There is only 500,000 people living in this area you would think there would be at least 1!

    Neurology and neurosurgery are appallingly underserved in the south east.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl


    Mr John Caird is in Beaumont and I highly recommend him.
    He also works in Temple St and performed surgery on my daughter.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer


    Samsgirl wrote: »
    Mr John Caird is in Beaumont and I highly recommend him.
    He also works in Temple St and performed surgery on my daughter.

    I know John as well, he is an absolute gentleman, my son is under his care, has been for years.


Advertisement