Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-Fi booster & power supply

Options
  • 25-01-2021 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Hi - I'm not a tech person so let me know if I'm in the wrong forum.
    I'm working remotely and I want to extend the Wi-Fi coverage in the house I'm staying in.
    The house is a typical 1970s, block-built bungalows, so the signal weakens the further 'back' the house you get (further away from the front hall where the telephone and then Wi-Fi modem were installed).
    I'm looking at buying the TP Link AV600, which I understand uses the house's own electricity circuit to carry the Wi-Fi signal (I'm sorry for the lack of lingo, this isn't my field at all) but I've seen from one set-up video that both elements of the kit must be plugged directly into a wall outlet, not an extension cable.
    Would it be possible to plug it in via a double adapter?
    The 1970s wiring in the house is bearing up well but the wall outlets in the front hall are already home to a wireless landline telephone, a modem, the TV signal boost, the Eircom Phonewatch, and sundry lamps.
    If a wall-mounted power outlet is a must for this item, I really don't know how it will physically fit in.

TLDR: will signal booster that relies on electrical circuit of the home work if it is plugged into double adapter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Issue resolved. I thought I'd be able to delete thread but I can't. Mods, feel free to delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It might be useful for people reading this in future to know the outcome?

Advertisement