Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your Movie snack

Options
  • 25-01-2021 4:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

So what is your go to snack options if you are gonna watch a film on the box or binge a series on Netflix...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Crunchmaster crackers and Fontaine Santé hummus with a can of Chipie beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Corvo

Salted popcorn, a really good chocolate and a nice bottle of red wine

God I hate January

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I don't eat or drink when I watch things.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭iphone6

Tea and chocolate digestives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

cheesy doritos and primula nacho cheese dip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Popcorn. I love popcorn at the movies even if you need to mortgage your house to buy it. Twas fierce difficult when that movie a Quiet Place was on. Entire cinema eating popcorn in slow motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Authentic Italian all cream carbonara burrito with classic Italian turnip, potato and carrot guacamole.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

I make the popcorn in sunflower oil from kelkin kernels and salt it myself. They're absolutely savage and I always accidentally make enough for 4, but it's popcorn so it doesn't even matter. When I've been very healthy that day, I melt butter and throw in smoked paprika and chilli to pour over it. Yeah that's class.

I have a thing for making home made dips. So a diverse array of those and then anything available to use on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I don't eat or drink when I watch things.

It's a lot to coordinate alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I don't have a specific snack. I'll generally eat whatever I get my hands on. Sometimes I'll have a sandwich or a roll, with two packets of crisps and a chocolate bar. Sometimes I'll get a takeaway. On Saturday I had a fryup. Last night I had a tin of tuna, a packet of popcorn, and a fruit and nut bar.

It's a lot to coordinate alright.

If it's a movie I can't eat or drink and concentrate. If it's sport I don't mind. Anything mindless on TV I could have a beer or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

cadbury fingers with a cup of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Nachos and cheese and big ass bar of Marabou dime, that I usually manage to get the whole way though :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Galaxy chocolate or Tofifee

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

If it's a movie I can't eat or drink and concentrate. If it's sport I don't mind. Anything mindless on TV I could have a beer or something.
    Multi tasking not your forte then ?:confused:

Ish66 wrote: »
    Multi tasking not your forte then ?:confused:

I suppose what I mean is I wouldn't drink alcohol watching a movie or eat a big meal. Like if I go to the cinema I'll have popcorn and coke. I should have been clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Buttered popcorn and some Minstrels

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

A share bag of Hunky Dorys and a mineral would be something id pick up last minute from the shop

Salted popcorn and a bag of Minstrels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭buried

Tortilla chips, grated cheese, jalapeno's, tomato relish, mayonnaise, spring onions, all thrown in a big f**king microwavable dish and shtick them things in a microwave for 80 seconds.

Mighty.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

buried wrote: »
    Tortilla chips, grated cheese, jalapeno's, tomato relish, mayonnaise, spring onions, all thrown in a big f**king microwavable dish and shtick them things in a microwave for 80 seconds.

Mighty.

That's all like healthy and sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Minstrels are a good choice, or those minitubs of icecream, but I do like a few cola bottle sweets at the cinema for some reason. I don't jibe with popcorn or fizzy drinks at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭buried

That's all like healthy and sh1t.

Not with my portions Mac. At the end of my session the microwave bowl is greasier than a politicians coat pockets

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

M&Ms - either plain chocolate or peanut. That’s at home. Pick n mix at the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ByTheSea2019

Make sausage rolls and have a cider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

M&Ms - either plain chocolate or peanut. That’s at home. Pick n mix at the cinema.

Mmmm pick and mix...but it's a bit of a guilty pleasure isn't it. I feel a bit like a perve when everyone else is getting popcorn and Im scooping out my fudge squares and just the green and black jelly babies. And then when the scales amazingly says 10 euros 57 cents and the guy says do you want anything else with that ( but you know he thinks, you junkie). Ah no just kidding... I never inhale more than 9 euros worth at a go. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Popcorn and minstrels or sometimes I like to mix it up and have maltesers instead of minstrels :D

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I don't have a specific snack. I'll generally eat whatever I get my hands on. Sometimes I'll have a sandwich or a roll, with two packets of crisps and a chocolate bar. Sometimes I'll get a takeaway. On Saturday I had a fryup. Last night I had a tin of tuna, a packet of popcorn, and a fruit and nut bar.

A sandwich or a roll watching a film???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ElJaguar

Liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Advertisement