Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Dublin hotels for Christmas?

Options
  • 24-01-2021 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,967 ✭✭✭✭

I know it's a bit premature posting about this in January, but I'm bored and I like to do my research :)

So after last Christmas all alone, my wife and I have decided that for Christmas 2021 we're going to book into a hotel and celebrate Christmas there. Hopefully by then we'll be vaccinated, or at least there'll be enough people vaccinated that we can relax

We live in Dublin and most of our families are either in Dublin, Meath or Kildare. So we'd like to book into a hotel in Dublin to avoid a long drive at Christmas. We went to Roscommon a few years ago and drove back Christmas day and it was no fun, with 2 kids now it's definitely not on the cards

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in Dublin or surrounding area that do a good Christmas celebration? We've 2 kids who will be 5 and 2, so ideally we'd be hoping they put on a bit of a show for the kids. If there's some nice places within walking distance that would also be great (should be easy in Dublin)

If possible we'd prefer somewhere that doesn't do the big hall type of Christmas dinner, I find it a bit head wrecking with hundreds of people around.

A well equipped bar with a good cocktail menu is a must :D

I know hotels are pricey at Christmas but since this could be our holiday for the year then I think it's worth going the bit extra for it.

Any ideas are welcome, thanks in advance!

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

What's very premature is trying to predict which hotels have the staying power to survive repeated lockdowns. You're looking for something unlikely to be found in a big chain. I'd advise waiting a few months until there's a clearer picture of what's out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I know it's a bit premature posting about this in January, but I'm bored and I like to do my research :)

So after last Christmas all alone, my wife and I have decided that for Christmas 2021 we're going to book into a hotel and celebrate Christmas there. Hopefully by then we'll be vaccinated, or at least there'll be enough people vaccinated that we can relax

We live in Dublin and most of our families are either in Dublin, Meath or Kildare. So we'd like to book into a hotel in Dublin to avoid a long drive at Christmas. We went to Roscommon a few years ago and drove back Christmas day and it was no fun, with 2 kids now it's definitely not on the cards

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in Dublin or surrounding area that do a good Christmas celebration? We've 2 kids who will be 5 and 2, so ideally we'd be hoping they put on a bit of a show for the kids. If there's some nice places within walking distance that would also be great (should be easy in Dublin)

If possible we'd prefer somewhere that doesn't do the big hall type of Christmas dinner, I find it a bit head wrecking with hundreds of people around.

A well equipped bar with a good cocktail menu is a must :D

I know hotels are pricey at Christmas but since this could be our holiday for the year then I think it's worth going the bit extra for it.

Any ideas are welcome, thanks in advance!

Amber Springs are normally great for family stuff.

Advertisement