Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on heating & Hive setup

Options
  • 23-01-2021 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

We moved house a while back and haven’t figured out some aspects of how our heating and hive set up works. Would really appreciate it someone could help us understand the set up.

1. There are two zones installed upstairs and downstairs. Downstairs has to be on to have upstairs on - is there a way we can change this so they can each be on independently?
    2. We have a Vokera Mynute HE boiler which I believe is a condensing boiler. Can someone help me understand if we should be setting the hot water settings on the Hive, or given the heating is left on low overnight shouldn’t it heat the water.... or will it know if the water is hot and only kick in if the temp was low or if there was extra usage? Or am I wasting energy having it set every day? There is an immersion for summer but pretty sure that’s not connected to the hive.
    3. We have a range in the kitchen and it makes it hot in the spring time and we need to turn off the radiators in that room, but they are very inaccessible behind joinery. If I buy TRVs I can control via my phone that would be a lot easier than trying to access them - would you recommend hive TRVs, or would that work with a 2 zone system, or should I look for another brand so I can control them independently.

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement