Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash for keys

Options
  • 23-01-2021 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

If I pay my tenants to get out will I be able to sell the apt...will I be able to rent it out at the market value

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

beaufoy wrote: »
    If I pay my tenants to get out will I be able to sell the apt...will I be able to rent it out at the market value

Yes sell, no to rent increase if over the cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Just because you paid them to leave early doesn't mean that they can't lodge a complaint with the RTB about incorrect notice, they will get even move from you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

beaufoy wrote: »

If your apartment is in a RPZ, you will be limited by the legislation in the amount you can increase the rent. 4% max increase if your last rent review was a year ago, the RTB site has a calculator that you can use to see how much you can raise it if last rent review was more than 12 months ago.

You can sell it if you have vacant possession, so yes you can sell if they leave, voluntarily/legally.

There have been reports on boards of LLs paying up to €10k to get rid of a tenant.

Advertisement