Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rat Blockers

Options
  • 23-01-2021 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi we are having a problem with rats getting in the drains as there is building work going on in the area and has obviously upset a lot of nests.
    We were looking to get rat blockers to put in to stop them getting into the house.
    We want to put them in ourselves as pest control cost a lot to install them.
    Does anyone know where I could get them please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

What size drains?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

4 inch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I always check Amazon first https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DB65GRS I do like the common sense tether so you can't loose it down the drain.

Then you have some brand names to google for. Same product here https://www.owlpestcontrol.ie/pest-control-products/mice-rat-products/ratflap-rat-drain-blocker/ .

Wake me up when it's all over.

4"? That's a small mercy. Ye don't even want to Know what the 6" ones go for!

I'm sat looking at a Pro's Only place. But, it's in england. That means double rated vat. Shipping. And what ever Customs has in mind.

Sadly then, I doubt I could save ye anything worth the trouble. Sorry. I know they're brutally expensive.

The Amazon price isn't too bad only single VAT (UK VAT off Irish VAT aka import duty on) at just under £100 compared with the Irish site of just under €130.

There are cheaper options. Depends how your system is connected to the mains. The downstream fittings (on the outlet of a gulley) are more expensive than the ones you fit upstream (on the inlet to a gulley) but sometimes you need more on the upstream side. The ratflap ones can go in both inlets and outlets.

• Advertisement

The Amazon price isn't too bad only single VAT (UK VAT off Irish VAT aka import duty on) at just under £100 compared with the Irish site of just under €130.

Yeah. I'm looking at £75.00 for a 4". Which sounds great, till they start piling on the extras. I'm retired now. But, I'm pretty sure that, back then at least, I got clobbered with Their vat. Then, because I had no vat #, the state would hit me with theirs! :eek: Courier shipping ... It all adds up.

And, if Janja's a Prime member? Frankly? I'd suggest that, when ye paying out That sort of money anyway? A tenner here or there hardly matters.

Stigura wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm looking at £75.00 for a 4". Which sounds great, till they start piling on the extras. I'm retired now. But, I'm pretty sure that, back then at least, I got clobbered with Their vat. Then, because I had no vat #, the state would hit me with theirs! :eek: Courier shipping ... It all adds up.

And, if Janja's a Prime member? Frankly? I'd suggest that, when ye paying out That sort of money anyway? A tenner here or there hardly matters.

When it comes to it I suspect speed of delivery would be something that would be considered. Amazon might take a little longer (max about a fortnight) but if it turns out the drain is an odd size or it can be fitted will take a return.

Frankly? I find Amazon's usually as good as it gets. I do buy a shed ton of stuff. So, maybe it's the constant trickle of gear arriving that makes me not notice how long it may be taking? Dunno. But, yeah, all things considered? I'd say go with the Amazon offer. So much less drama.

Incidentally; Are ye sitting down? Because I just came back here to mention the price of a Six inch one, should anyone be curious.

Hundred and Sixteen Pounds!!! :eek: And that's Before they pile on the extras! That's Scary, isn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Thanks Guys! I managed to source what seems a good one and quite reasonable considering . For anyone unfortunate enough to need them they are in Goodwins Mulhuddart and Lucan for Euro 93.50 including vat! Metex Ratwall Rat Blocker 110mm
    Metex Ratwall Rat Blocker 110mm
    Item Code: 3411620
    €77.27 ex VAT (€93.50 incl. VAT)

Advertisement