Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum pension contribution.

Options
  • 22-01-2021 11:06pm

I'm in my 30s so I know I can put in 20% of my salary to get full tax relief on those contributions. Just to completely maximise things I'm wondering does the 20% apply to salary or salary + BIK.

e.g.
    Salary: €60k
    BIK: €5k

So would I be able to put in €12k (20% of salary) or €13k (20% of salary + BIK)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Buttonftw wrote: »
    I'm in my 30s so I know I can put in 20% of my salary to get full tax relief on those contributions. Just to completely maximise things I'm wondering does the 20% apply to salary or salary + BIK.

e.g.
    Salary: €60k
    BIK: €5k

So would I be able to put in €12k (20% of salary) or €13k (20% of salary + BIK)?

yes you can. NRE in this case include the employees total emoluments, including fees, BIK, bonuses.

Advertisement