Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Sink Shut Off Valves (Photos attached)

Options
  • 22-01-2021 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Just a quick plumbing question, could anyone tell me if these are the kitchen tap shut off valves or something else?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Promethean

Promethean wrote: »
    Just a quick plumbing question, could anyone tell me if these are the kitchen tap shut off valves or something else?

Thanks

See attached

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Nope, they would be electrical bonding straps. Earth wire so not actually electric.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Nope, they would be electrical bonding straps. Earth wire so not actually electric.

Thanks a million for the quick reply!

Thanks a million for the quick reply!

I don't suppose it's possible to tell which one of these would be a water **** off valve for the kitchen? (this is the hot press)

I don't suppose it's possible to tell which one of these would be a water **** off valve for the kitchen? (this is the hot press)

That should be shut-off...

• Advertisement

Mains water shut off valve is generally found under the sink.

It's hard to tell which pipe at the back of the hot water cylinder is connected to the bottom.

If you can trace the cold feed from Attic to the bottom of the cylinder, that would shut off the hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Kitchen cold water usually comes from outside.. in a house.
    Kitchen hot water from upstairs.

So if you don't find a valve near your sink you might have to go out and turn it off at the footpath.

Kitchen cold water usually comes from outside.. in a house.
    Kitchen hot water from upstairs.

So if you don't find a valve near your sink you might have to go out and turn it off at the footpath.

Thanks for the reply, I'm in a relatively old apartment complex, there's none under the sink so hoping there's one inside the apartment

Advertisement