Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amoung us Nintendo and PC (Windows)

Options
  • 21-01-2021 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So my son got a Nintendo Switch lite for Christmas and he loves amoung us so I bought it for him on the Nintendo store.
    It was around 4eur and I was thinking worth it for to be add free and he is too young for a phone etc ...

Anyway after buying it , it's essentially useless as you need to be a member of some online nintendo club (10eur/month!) to play online!

Anyway they are ignoring my ticket and won't respond to emails asking for a refund, so I'm thinking of going to my bank to clain credit card fraud - yes it's only 4eur but it's the principal here..
    Anyone have any of the pleasure dealing with the nintendo store ?

2nd Q ... I was thinking of getting it for my own Windows PC (cos I am quite partial to a bit of amoung us myself :D) but once I pay the $4 for the windows version is that it ? or is there some other subscription charge with Microsoft ?

Cheers..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

All three major game consoles require online subscription fees to pay online. However just FYI, the Nintendo one isn’t a tenner per month - should only be 20 quid per year.

The PC version has no other costs behind the initial €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spooch

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Hi,

So my son got a Nintendo Switch lite for Christmas and he loves amoung us so I bought it for him on the Nintendo store.
    It was around 4eur and I was thinking worth it for to be add free and he is too young for a phone etc ...

Anyway after buying it , it's essentially useless as you need to be a member of some online nintendo club (10eur/month!) to play online!

Anyway they are ignoring my ticket and won't respond to emails asking for a refund, so I'm thinking of going to my bank to clain credit card fraud - yes it's only 4eur but it's the principal here..
    Anyone have any of the pleasure dealing with the nintendo store ?

2nd Q ... I was thinking of getting it for my own Windows PC (cos I am quite partial to a bit of amoung us myself :D) but once I pay the $4 for the windows version is that it ? or is there some other subscription charge with Microsoft ?

Cheers..

Hardly fraud if you failed to read the terms and conditions required for online access. Each console explicitly states that a subscription is required for online/multiplayer access. And as the poster above stated it's not 10 euro a month it's 20 euro a year. I'd recommend reading the details before spending your money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Also just to warn there’s a possibility of getting the entire Nintendo account blocked if you try to do a fake fraud charge back. Could well be shooting yourself in the foot for the sake of four quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Yes I should have read the T+C's ... I must look again at that 20/year, I was sure it was 6/7 eur at least a month.

This is the Nintendo ES store btw ... could be different ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Yes I should have read the T+C's ... I must look again at that 20/year, I was sure it was 6/7 eur at least a month.

Yep, Nintendo online is €20 per year. There are very few free to play online games on Switch. Fortnite and Rocket League spring to mind. Almost everything else requires subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭jj880

Nintendo online is a great deal. It is cheaper than xbox and playstation online subs. You will need it for mario kart, minecraft etc. anyway. Plus you get a collection of NES and SNES games included.

Here is the 12 month europe sub for 15.53 on eneba: https://www.eneba.com/nintendo-nintendo-switch-online-membership-12-months-eshop-key-europe

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Thhosed

In order to play on the PC, you only need to buy the among us.

Advertisement