Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to Add Lenses to New Nikon Buy

Options
  • 21-01-2021 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

As a long-time Canon user, after initially pondering to add to my existing Canon EOS 5D MkIII DSLR with another Canon 5D MkIV, in the end I decided to opt for a Nikon D850 DSLR as I had heard and read so much about it. Body only.

Now, I am seeking advice, from experienced Nikon DSLR users in this forum, as to suggestions on (a) lenses, bearing in mind I already have a good range of Canon+Tamron lenses, so if I can I want to avoid duplication (b) Speedlights-- variants, brands, i.e. Nikon, Godox, etc, and (c) radio wireless gear to fire flash off-camera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Afraid I can't advise on Nikon - have been shooting canon for over 20yrs, but I recall both sides (Nikon and canon) offering a switching service a few years back.

If it's of interest, I have a 5d mkIV which had the shutter replaced recently and hasn't had a single frame taken with it since, I have been using another mark IV and Eos-R for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Impossible to say regarding lenses really as I don't know what you have.

I would be inclined to go to Godox for flashes though as you can just get two triggers (Canon (C) or Nikon (N) ) rather than have to get two completely separate flash setups.

Advertisement