Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound postal delays

Options
  • 13-01-2021 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Has anybody else received anything from Germany recently? I am waiting on a package. On DHL's side it says that it has been exported last Wednesday and gives a link to track it on An Post website. But it's not showing up on An Posts tracking yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

walshtipp wrote: »
    Has anybody else received anything from Germany recently? I am waiting on a package. On DHL's side it says that it has been exported last Wednesday and gives a link to track it on An Post website. But it's not showing up on An Posts tracking yet.

Yep. Took three days to.get here.from Germany. I was surprised like hell seeing the postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭walshtipp

grogi wrote: »
    Yep. Took three days to.get here.from Germany. I was surprised like hell seeing the postman.

Thanks, looks like mine got delayed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

walshtipp wrote: »
    Getting the same massage , my dispatch Saturday from Germany .

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

Received this morning a parcel posted to me on December 15th with tracking from Finland. Tracking code never registered on the track and trace until after it was delivered this morning.

Another package from the same company/location sent following day yet to arrive and not appearing on the track and trace.

Rediculous service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

emrys wrote: »
    Received this morning a parcel posted to me on December 15th with tracking from Finland. Tracking code never registered on the track and trace until after it was delivered this morning.

Another package from the same company/location sent following day yet to arrive and not appearing on the track and trace.

Rediculous service

Have an post taken over the Finnish postal system recently - never saw that in the news.

Maybe you've missed that there is a pandemic worldwide and 80% of flights have been canceled.

Post travels on aircraft - all postal services.

With drastically reduced flights, you simply have to accept delays and an post have given many press releases about this time and time and time again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Still waiting on parcel posted in UK on 12th December and still hasn’t arrived here. No tracking number so I don’t know if it’s lost or stuck in a backlog somewhere. Anybody still waiting on UK parcels from in or around 12th December?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Still waiting on parcel posted in UK on 12th December and still hasn’t arrived here. No tracking number so I don’t know if it’s lost or stuck in a backlog somewhere. Anybody still waiting on UK parcels from in or around 12th December?

Yes.

Probably sent 2nd class - cheapest rate and 7-10 days at best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Still waiting for 2 Christmas parcels posted by siblings in Germany. I reckon I’ll have them by Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 superchippy

I had a standard letter posted from the UK on Monday the 4th and I received on Friday the 8th. I had another letter posted on the 5th first class and still haven’t received it. Is there any reason this would be slower? Was I just lucky with the first letter considering there is going to be delays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I've had one package posted on December 9th from the U.S., hasn't arrived yet. Another package posted from Australia on December 31st, arrived yesterday. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

blastman wrote: »
    I've had one package posted on December 9th from the U.S., hasn't arrived yet. Another package posted from Australia on December 31st, arrived yesterday. :confused:

Ditto. Almost relieved someone else is as bad :(

According to their tracking system, DHL has decided that my package of comic strips destined for Dublin, Ireland should actually go to somewhere in Staufenberg, Germany and they've actually tried to deliver to someone there. Who refused it so it's sitting in some place in Germany for the last 3 weeks marked "return to sender".

It's completely bizarre and nothing I can do about it. I rang them to tell them where Ireland is and they said I can't change the address. Sheesh. It'll have to be resent...

Just venting :P

I had a standard letter posted from the UK on Monday the 4th and I received on Friday the 8th. I had another letter posted on the 5th first class and still haven’t received it. Is there any reason this would be slower? Was I just lucky with the first letter considering there is going to be delays?

Most likely the person who posted it thought that Ireland is still part of the UK and put standard UK first class stamp instead of international postage. (85p UK 1st class v £1.70 international standard)

They may return to sender or put you at the bottom of the pile due to underpayment.

There's no "1st class" international service.

Advertisement