Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil tank

Options
  • 20-01-2021 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hi,

A while back the lid blew off our oil tank and water got in, then I walked out one day and seen the kids throwing a load of stones into it, there wasn't much oil in and I didn't use the burner after this, yesterday I unscrewed the filter etc and tipped the contents into steel buckets, there was a lot of scummy looking deposits lying on top of the oil, I then used a powerwasher to clean it, but I couldn't reach all areas because I was just poking the Lance into the opening, I then drained most of what was left, there is about two cupfuls of water left there now which I can't get out, will this be ok to use now you think?

Also, I put a lever valve on to a 25 litre drum and connected it straight to the burner in the meantime, it's working ok but the red reset button didn't do anything when I pressed it when trying to fire it up, why would this be? Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭jimf

im a bit lost

you stated its working ok but the red reset button did nothing

is the burner working or not

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

jimf wrote: »
    im a bit lost

you stated its working ok but the red reset button did nothing

is the burner working or not

Sorry didn't do a great job of explaining, when I hooked up the drum I released the bleed screw, then tried hitting the reset button but nothing happened, then about 30 seconds later the burner just started up on its own, there is no light on the reset button, and when pressed there is no response, the burner has been working since though

im still lost but heres my guess

the burner has reached its stat set temp

when running do the rads heat up

unless the burner has locked out the red button will have no reaction to pressing it

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

jimf wrote: »
    im still lost but heres my guess

the burner has reached its stat set temp

when running do the rads heat up

unless the burner has locked out the red button will have no reaction to pressing it

You will have guessed by now I haven't a clue about this, the fact the burner took so long to start threw me off because I then presumed it must have been locked out, so the little bit of water in the tank should be ok though? I'm going to stop talking now before I come across even more clueless

You will have guessed by now I haven't a clue about this, the fact the burner took so long to start threw me off because I then presumed it must have been locked out, so the little bit of water in the tank should be ok though? I'm going to stop talking now before I come across even more clueless

dont worry we will make a boilerman of you yet

tiny drop of water in tank wont be a problem as it will be well below the outlet level on the tank

• Advertisement
Advertisement