Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Question About Toilet

Options
  • 19-01-2021 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all,

A quick one - so coming out of the shower I managed to slip - (luckily) I hit my lower back off the toilet which seems to come clean out but the cistern itself stayed against the wall. So there is no leak at the moment but just wondering what the next point of action is for me.

There's a tiler due in there at some stage in the near future but what can I do now or am I okay to leave it as it is? I haven't a clue about plumbing.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭youtheman

Look at the 1/2" pipe feeding water to the cistern. See if there is a small slot on an isolation valve, if so close it (to isolate the water supply). Or take the top off the cistern. Tie up the ball cock/float, this will essentially isolate the water (if you have no isolation valve). Then put a large bucket under the pipe from the cistern to the toilet, press the flush button and empty the cistern. If you empty the cistern and isolate the water so it doesn't re-fill then that is as safe as you can get (for now).

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Sorry just getting back to this now - luckily for me it's been fixed in the mean time. Thanks for the input though

Advertisement