Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Electoral Registers

Options
  • 19-01-2021 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Happy new year to you all.

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before and apologies if it has been - but is there any way to view old Irish Electoral Registers - be it in person or online?

Many thanks for your assistance in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're held by the specific local authority archives (if preserved at all), and are rarely online. And the DPC has stopped anything newer than 100 years being put online; irritatingly as Dublin had much newer - up to 1964 - online which are now only accessible in the archive itself

This is Dublins 1899-1915 with gaps one.

Generally its quite easy to get them for inspection in person at the central library/archive in each LA but not since March 2020 for COVID reasons. That'll resume some time in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

L1011 wrote: »
    They're held by the specific local authority archives (if preserved at all), and are rarely online. And the DPC has stopped anything newer than 100 years being put online; irritatingly as Dublin had much newer - up to 1964 - online which are now only accessible in the archive itself

This is Dublins 1899-1915 with gaps one.

Generally its quite easy to get them for inspection in person at the central library/archive in each LA but not since March 2020 for COVID reasons. That'll resume some time in the future.

Thanks so much for your helpful reply. It is most appreciated!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I've looked at the ones for county (as opposed to city) Dublin, which are held in the Fingal Archive. They're just a couple of thick printed books...shockingly small numbers for the 20th century.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I've looked at the ones for county (as opposed to city) Dublin, which are held in the Fingal Archive. They're just a couple of thick printed books...shockingly small numbers for the 20th century.

That's a new one on me - must give them a look when normal service resumes.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement