Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet seat hinge - help!

Options
  • 19-01-2021 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi everyone,

I need to replace 2 soft-close toilet seat hinges (one broken and the remaining one badly tarnished). Could anyone point me in the right direction to find hinges that would fit, rather than have to get an entire (expensive!) replacement seat?

Picture attached with broken hinge removed to show the attachment stud. The toilet is a GSI Traccia.

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

• Registered Users Posts: 16 paolouno

Thanks Cerco, that looks like the very thing. Pricey though... does anyone happen to know if there's a generic replacement that might fit, or will I have to fork out for the real thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You'll get a white soft closing seat for less than 50 euros at a plumbing trade counter. I wouldn't be messing around with try to repair it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,639 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Argos or Screwfix click and collect . Don't be faffing with hinges waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 paolouno

Thanks guys, that could be worth a try - the only thing is that I don’t think the seat is a standard shape so I presumed it would be (nearly) impossible to find the exact fit. Maybe I’m wrong though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement