Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any photo/camera shops currently open?

Options
  • 19-01-2021 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all.

Hope it's ok to ask this here.

Looking for a photography or camera shop currently open (Dublin city center or northside) that can take pix for a visa application.

They need to be a specific size and from a specific angle, so am not sure if the local chemist would be up for it. The last time I needed passport pix I just went there, stood up against a white wall and they were able to produce bog standard passport pix. Not sure if the chemist would even permit that these days, given I'd have to remove the mask for the pix.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

Conns cameras will, they do passport photos etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

If you have a Photo-Me automatic photo booth near you (in a shopping centre or whatever), they can do certified photos for US and India visa applications, as well as Irish passport ones. It's a specific choice you choose from the menu when you go in. They automatically validate the photo to make sure they conform to the relevant requirements and standards:

https://www.photo-me.ie/product/visa-photos-us-india/

https://www.photo-me.ie/activity-ie/photo-printing/?family=id-photos&sub_family=official-id-photos#lf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Are they open do you know?

I know of plenty of camera shops and photography studios. The problems is that they are currently closed, as they don't qualify as essential retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

Yep they're open as far as I know. Even ring them in the morning just to check though saves you wasting trip in just in case they're not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Great recommendation. They were very helpful. Thanks.

Mods: You can close this thread now. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement