Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reg: House Deposit

Options
  • 18-01-2021 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I did book a house by paying the booking deposit, I did pay 4000 euros on November 27th. They told they will send the contract, but they kept on pushing it till Yesterday.

Even last week they did mention the contract is ready, we are about to send it to through post.

From the bank side, the property advisor went for a verfication and I did pay 150 for that as well.

now today when I called they just told that the house is sold. builder has sold it without knowing to agent.

I literally got al the stuffs for house, thking I am going sign the contract. now they say that its sold,

when a house is booked, can they sell it to somebody?

I really want to take some actions against them. really frustated and annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

harjeet wrote: »
    Hi,

I did book a house by paying the booking deposit, I did pay 4000 euros on November 27th. They told they will send the contract, but they kept on pushing it till Yesterday.

Even last week they did mention the contract is ready, we are about to send it to through post.

From the bank side, the property advisor went for a verfication and I did pay 150 for that as well.

now today when I called they just told that the house is sold. builder has sold it without knowing to agent.

I literally got al the stuffs for house, thking I am going sign the contract. now they say that its sold,

All you paid was a booking deposit "subject to contract". There is nothing at all you can do legally. There may be some scope for complaining about the builder but that's about it. You're entitled to your booking deposit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TattooedLady

harjeet wrote: »
    Hi,

Unfortunately not a whole lot you can do. A booking deposit is subject to contracts being signed, they were never signed so you don't have anything legally binding.

Its not a good way for them to do business and string you along. Hope you get a new place sorted soon and make sure you get your 4000 back ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

I've been house searching for a very long time. I've paid architect's, solicitors, mortgage brokers on many a property without the property going though. As many say here: Don't think its yours until the keys are in your hands.

Advertisement