Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash 54183 thermostat heating help

Options
  • 17-01-2021 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi

I have a climote that controls the heating (only one zone)

In the hall I have a flash theromostat (see pictures) that If I set it to 0 temperature it only heats up the water tank. It is on his way out. I need to replace it, maybe with a smart switch.

Can you help with the wiring. It seems it has to lives (two brown cables) but from the wiring diagram seems one is live and one neutral.

I am right to say that this thermostat only open and closes the live wire?

What would you replace with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Yes you are correct - there is just a live in and live out.
    If you look closely at the diagram, the neutral is actually connected to the load (boiler, or motorised valve) and has nothing to do with the stat at all.

Is that a three channel Climote you have? If so I think you can you can get a wireless remote thermostat for it. That would seem like the best option, and would allow you control the whole lot (including water separately) from that one app.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭clvk07

Lenar3556 wrote: »
    Yes you are correct - there is just a live in and live out.
    If you look closely at the diagram, the neutral is actually connected to the load (boiler, or motorised valve) and has nothing to do with the stat at all.

Is that a three channel Climote you have? If so I think you can you can get a wireless remote thermostat for it. That would seem like the best option, and would allow you control the whole lot (including water separately) from that one app.

Yes it is a 3 zone thermostat. I have a wireless thermostat for 1 zone . If I buy another wireless thermostat Climote , how I am going to wire the live in and live out ? I can’t see the wiring diagram on the user guide online

clvk07 wrote: »
    Yes it is a 3 zone thermostat. I have a wireless thermostat for 1 zone . If I buy another wireless thermostat Climote , how I am going to wire the live in and live out ? I can’t see the wiring diagram on the user guide online

Well the wireless thermostats are just that - wireless. The existing thermostat and wiring would be made redundant.
    The at least one of the wires going to the thermostat needs to end up back at the Climote - there might be enough cores there to do this?

I don’t think you would need a second wireless room stat would you? If you only have on space heating zone?

Well the wireless thermostats are just that - wireless. The existing thermostat and wiring would be made redundant.
    The at least one of the wires going to the thermostat needs to end up back at the Climote - there might be enough cores there to do this?

I don’t think you would need a second wireless room stat would you? If you only have on space heating zone?

The current climote wireless thermostat controls the on/off of eating based on the temperature downstairs. (it turns on rads down, up and heat the hot water tank).

However if I turn to 0 the flash thermostat it only heats up the water and not the rads. (climote zone 1 still needs to be turned on to heat up the water tank and flash to 0) Hope it is clear

clvk07 wrote: »
    The current climote wireless thermostat controls the on/off of eating based on the temperature downstairs. (it turns on rads down, up and heat the hot water tank).

However if I turn to 0 the flash thermostat it only heats up the water and not the rads. (climote zone 1 still needs to be turned on to heat up the water tank and flash to 0) Hope it is clear

Yes I gathered that - only one zone is used on the climote - you would get a better result using 2 - one independently for the water heating and one for the room heating via the wireless stat. Then the two sources will operate separately.

• Advertisement

Yes I gathered that - only one zone is used on the climote - you would get a better result using 2 - one independently for the water heating and one for the room heating via the wireless stat. Then the two sources will operate separately.

That would be great, however I wouldnt know how to wire back to the climote. The Flash live in / out cables are in the hall, 5 meters from the climote, I wouldnt know how to achieve the hot water or all rads scenario that I have at the moment. If you can give me more details would be great

As a plan B, would something like the attached smart switch work? Basically connecting only live in and live out to the Meross smart switch

Advertisement