Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sim not connecting

Options
  • 17-01-2021 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Pay as you go sim not connecting since this morning, anyone else having problems with Eir?

as I would probably be better waiting for the next ice age for their "customer service" to answer my call

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

looked at downdetector already, last post was two days ago and all reports today are mixed up between all their services

so its pretty much useless atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

When was last top up?

Is it no signal at all or no data connection?

Ten Pin wrote: »
    When was last top up?

Is it no signal at all or no data connection?

no signal at all, I have another sim on the dual sim phone that I have been using, so haven't topped it up in about 6 months, only using the Eir number for two step verification in a few sites like Paypal / Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 26,965 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

thanks Dempo, that could be it, but of course the Eir app is down at the moment so I can't even top up using that

Christ I need to stop being lazy and port the number to another company asap

• Registered Users Posts: 26,965 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

kingtiger wrote: »
    thanks Dempo, that could be it, but of course the Eir app is down at the moment so I can't even top up using that

Christ I need to stop being lazy and port the number to another company asap

Just be careful, I'd check with eir if possible to insure number still active before you top up, Im not sure if it just requires a top up to reactivate if you get my meaning

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Eir SIMs need top up every 5 months to remain active, they deactivate it after 6 months.

AFAIK it can be reactivated by topping up. I don't know whether Eir CS need to be contacted to reactivate it or whether topping up online is sufficient to regain signal.

Put in the number in the top up web page and if it says...
    The number needs to be an eir pay as you go number

...then you'll need to contact eir CS but if it allows you to proceed then it may reactivate once the top up is applied....if it doesn't then you'll need to contact Eir.

Here's the numbers that you can try to contact them on if needed...
    1800 690 000 or 01 430 7066

Top up page minimum (5 euro)...
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/top-up/quick-top-up/

thanks lads gave them a fiver and after a couple of hours the service returned, now to port the number it over to another company

Did it reactivate without contacting Eir?

You have 5 months to consider who to move the number to.

All the networks have a similar requirement of top up every 6 months. VF allows incoming for 8 months. 48 has a minimum top up of 1 euro every 6 months.

Just be aware that a few people have had issues with 2FA on some of the MVNOs so check that the SIM can receive 2FA before porting. Three and VF should be fine though.

IMO VF is a good option as the top up can be used for add ons whereas Three and Eir add ons are almost useless.

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Did it reactivate without contacting Eir?

no thankfully I didn't have to contact them, it just started working after two hours

I have changed most of my 2fa to my main sim, so think I will just let this number die when my 5 months are up

Advertisement