Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice concerning yellow indentations on baby front teeth

Options
  • 17-01-2021 4:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

Since he had his first front teeth, my son has yellow/light brown indents on it (not at the base but the very end), I am worried and do not know if the problem lies within a deficiency or bad oral hygiene. His enamel might be decaying. He is 9 months old and the indentations appeared since he was 5 months old, they look like a weird plaque.
    Can anybody tell me what it sounds like?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,073 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

It is most likely Enamel Hypoplasia, a developmental issue with baby/adult teeth.

Please do not be concerned, there is nothing wrong, it is not caused by neglect or any shortcomings related to diet/cleaning on your part. The worst thing about it is that it sometimes looks as if it’s decay and can cause a cosmetic problem. It does not mean the adult teeth will be the same, so do not worry.

Best advice, keep brushing the teeth, not too much sugars and bring you child to the local children’s/school dentist to have teeth checked once a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bernar

Dav010 wrote: »
    It is most likely Enamel Hypoplasia, a developmental issue with baby/adult teeth.

Please do not be concerned, there is nothing wrong, it is not caused by neglect or any shortcomings related to diet/cleaning on your part. The worst thing about it is that it sometimes looks as if it’s decay and can cause a cosmetic problem. It does not mean the adult teeth will be the same, so do not worry.

Best advice, keep brushing the teeth, not too much sugars and bring you child to the local children’s/school dentist to have teeth checked once a year.

Good morning Dav010,
    Thank you for replying and for the advice, I am really thankful. I will do some research on this defect and will surely indeed bring my son to a dentist as soon as I can an appointment.
    Please stay safe out there and have a great day.

Advertisement