Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTB: Broken carbon frame or wheel

Options
  • 16-01-2021 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭

As above. I'm doing a bit of work on my motorbike and switching the clocks to clocks from a later version. I need a few cuts to make brackets so if anybody has something for the bin I'll have it. Happy to swap beer tokens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

As above. I'm doing a bit of work on my motorbike and switching the clocks to clocks from a later version. I need a few cuts to make brackets so if anybody has something for the bin I'll have it. Happy to swap beer tokens

Where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

Dublin 8

I have a wheel kicking about I think
    Pm me
    I’ll see how close to you I can get with restrictions in mind

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,802 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

might be worth asking around some bike shops too?

I have a wheel kicking about I think
    Pm me
    I’ll see how close to you I can get with restrictions in mind

Thanks, I'll drop a PM, I'm not in a major hurry and wouldnt dream of putting you out during restrictions

• Advertisement

might be worth asking around some bike shops too?

I dont need that much, just 3 pieces and the largest being about 90mm x 30mm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Would a fork be any use? I've a carbon fibre fork here that I was selling for 25 (it's white mind) I can take beer tokens instead

Weepsie wrote: »
    Would a fork be any use? I've a carbon fibre fork here that I was selling for 25 (it's white mind) I can take beer tokens instead

Actually a fork might be ideal, will be relatively flat and straight. Let me look at it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i have a fork with broken steerer if that is any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Full road frame here, if it's any use to you.

I'm in Waterford, so I can hang onto it till we're allowed out to play again?

Had hoped to get to Dublin for a collection/delivery of bike related stuff over the Xmas hols, but Mehole pulled the plug.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks, one fork will be plenty. The street I live on is like a covid ward at the minute, 8 houses out of 30 (mine still neg)have confirmed positive so I wont meet anybody for a wee while yet.

If you require, I can throw it to you from a distance in the park Wednesday afternoon/Thursday Morn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,802 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that sounds like a setup for a grisly scene from a mr bean movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

that sounds like a setup for a grisly scene from a mr bean movie.
    :D:D:D:D

I'm only getting to this now. It was a bit cold in the shed for me :pac:

Any of the above who offered free to meet near D8? Obviously covid guidelines etc.

The bits will be used to make brackets for these clocks for anybody interested.

http://imgur.com/gallery/BxoCBGd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I have 2 end of life carbon rims 50mm in the attic if you want one. FFWD so not sure if the decals are removable or not. You van have one if you want.
    I have to drop my son to work in St.Margarets every day next week and i can swing off to meet ya if need be.

koutoubia wrote: »
    I have 2 end of life carbon rims 50mm in the attic if you want one. FFWD so not sure if the decals are removable or not. You van have one if you want.
    I have to drop my son to work in St.Margarets every day next week and i can swing off to meet ya if need be.

Thanks for that but looking at the project now the fork will be ideal.

Still have the fork. It's white though.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Still have the fork. It's white though.

Colour isn't an issue, carbon will give the strength and flex I need plus it'll be mostly hidden. If you want to PM me some times that suit to collect I'll grab it,. This is the hold up on my build now!

Advertisement