Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RedBull and the thrashy people who drink it

Options
  • 16-01-2021 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Since Christmas with lockdown I am trying to get out walking every day that is dry, I have walked main roads and byroads and the one thing that disgusts me and every time is the absolute amount of litter.

I took a main road today as it is now incredibly quiet with very little traffic, I'd consider walking it to be a suicide mission with normal traffic levels. In the space of 750 metres from where I parked I counted 17 redbull cans and 4 thunder energy drink from Lidl or Aldi, there was also 4 galahad cans which is a cheap beer from lidl, numerous coffee cups, cigarette boxes, coke cans and two used condoms, overall the amount of plastic bottles was actually low on this stretch. Me and my wife now play a type of betting game of trying to guess how many cars we will meet and how many cans of redbull we will find, loser has to to dishes or vacuuming etc. Silly stuff but trying to survive lockdown without melting our brains.

Everywhere I have gone it always redbull cans that stand out, one backroad I walk in a remote location is a known haunt for the scumbag boyracers in their noisy bangers and the levels of redbull litter is at frightening levels all together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Boomer Rant

Monster is a far superior beverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Monster is a far superior beverage.

I thought Monster was the drink of choice tbh. Although young wans are mad for vodka and Boost. It depends on the affluence of the area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Thrashy isn't really a word I'd associate with scummy behaviour. Or in fact, a word I'd heard of before. Knew thrash and thrashed, but not thrashy.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b1qzb8nlw311y8f42utwh3007nmthilnkqui7wxke&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Thrashy isn't really a word I'd associate with scummy behaviour. Or in fact, a word I'd heard of before. Knew thrash and thrashed, but not thrashy.

Red bull and people not knowing the difference between thrash/thrashy and trash/trashy.

• Advertisement

Sippin' on a Red' while shooting the **** with your boys...a simple pleasure that op will never experience.

Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Red bull and people not knowing the difference between thrash/thrashy and trash/trashy.

Yes never conflate trash with thrash. One is garbage the other a musical art form.... often derided by ironically enough trash; for its unbridled freedom in fine virtuosity

Sippin' on a Red' while shooting the **** with your boys...a simple pleasure that op will never experience.

Very sad.

Not to mention imbibing exquisite Jägerbombs. Very sad indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Boost for the win

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get a bag, a grabber and pick them up and recycle....

Yes you shouldn't have to but then it wouldn't be so bad to walk it till the next day...

The scum throw anything out the window of car while going by....
    Only have to look at car parks where there are take away where they then leave all the rubbish even though bins all around isn't it much easier not having to get out of the car.....

• Advertisement

GazzaL wrote: »
    Not to mention imbibing exquisite Jägerbombs. Very sad indeed.

Double vodka and red bull...hit the dancefloor to get the shift but end up headbutting some langer.. God please end the pandemic so we can get back to these simple, wholesome pursuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

theguzman wrote: »
    Since Christmas with lockdown I am trying to get out walking every day that is dry, I have walked main roads and byroads and the one thing that disgusts me and every time is the absolute amount of litter.

I took a main road today as it is now incredibly quiet with very little traffic, I'd consider walking it to be a suicide mission with normal traffic levels. In the space of 750 metres from where I parked I counted 17 redbull cans and 4 thunder energy drink from Lidl or Aldi, there was also 4 galahad cans which is a cheap beer from lidl, numerous coffee cups, cigarette boxes, coke cans and two used condoms, overall the amount of plastic bottles was actually low on this stretch. Me and my wife now play a type of betting game of trying to guess how many cars we will meet and how many cans of redbull we will find, loser has to to dishes or vacuuming etc. Silly stuff but trying to survive lockdown without melting our brains.

Everywhere I have gone it always redbull cans that stand out, one backroad I walk in a remote location is a known haunt for the scumbag boyracers in their noisy bangers and the levels of redbull litter is at frightening levels all together.

from aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Cant understand what they need all the energy for, it's not exactly consumed by the most industrious members of society that's for sure.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I wouldn't drink it on its own, but throw in a shot or two of vodka and it's a different animal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

For some reason most people I know in recovery are heavily addicted to those energy drinks. That and smokes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

votecounts wrote: »
    from aldi

Kong is the Lidl one right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Kong is the Lidl one right?

Aldi Lidl ones. Joined together. To form koooong...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Why don’t you bring a bag next time and pick them up for recycling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Why don’t you bring a bag next time and pick them up for recycling?

I actually am going to, I need to get a litter picker out of Mr. Price but its outside my 5kms at the moment.

I actually am going to, I need to get a litter picker out of Mr. Price but its outside my 5kms at the moment.

You're allowed travel more than 5km to go shopping. Otherwise people living in the middle of nowhere would have to survive on grass and nettles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

GazzaL wrote: »
    You're allowed travel more than 5km to go shopping. Otherwise people living in the middle of nowhere would have to survive on grass and nettles.

My nearest Mr. Price is 35kms away and the town is not my usual shopping town, "ahh, I'm just on my way to pickup a litter picker guard", bam €100 fine, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Think he meant trashy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

You'll now also find plenty of those nitrous oxide canisters in the usual dumping spots along the road.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

My nearest Mr. Price is 35kms away and the town is not my usual shopping town, "ahh, I'm just on my way to pickup a litter picker guard", bam €100 fine, no thanks.

Perhaps, if you're stupid enough to say that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

For some reason most people I know in recovery are heavily addicted to those energy drinks. That and smokes.

So true. I have an uncle that is in recovery. Been sober for 15 years or so.

But I am not exaggerating when I say he drinks at least 5 cans or RB a day. He stayed with us for Christmas a couple of years back and I saw it first hand. Was mental.

I dont know how he does it. One can and I am wired.

Advertisement