Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Shopping in NI Online Post-Brexit

• 16-01-2021 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi all,

So I was looking at buying some electricals from the UK and saw the import duties. All things factored, yikes things can get pricey. Add to that, we've lost Parcel Motel, for now.

Following this up on Revenue, am I correct in interpreting this as no import duty from NI?

"From 1 January The United Kingdom (UK) is no longer a member of the European Union (EU). If you buy goods from the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) from 1 January you may incur charges that are outlined in this page."

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/buying-goods-from-outside-the-eu.aspx

If yes, my next question is, is it worth sharing any sites/shops in NI for buying electricals?

I see there are good threads elsewhere about EU shopping, although, having bought a lot of electricals from the UK last year, we are of course limited by using the same electrical system and plugs as the UK. The continental plugs are no good and I'm not using adapters all over the house for them.

If I spot any shops/sites in NI that I buy from I'll post here. :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement